Male gym attire. What do you think?!?!

Options

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Stop wearing spandex and sports bras and I'll stop. Girls like you make me laugh.

<---- this is how I look like in the gym. I feel more comfortable working out in sports bra than with a shirt. I would be flattered & take it as a compliment if someone would stare at me calling me a hottie but unfortunately people there are so busy working out that I'm barely noticable there.

As for the guys, I love seeing them pumping iron with their muscle shirts on or much better if the gym permits, topless. :tongue:

I have the good fortune to have a gym at work with 24 hours access, and I always workout topless..........but its only me there, and its usually around 12:30am..........but I do miss it when i go to a regular gym with all those "rules"
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    It always baffles me when they're working out wearing tons of layers. I just don't understand how they don't pass out from the heat!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

The guy in a cap(your indoors dude and it's hot)

that's why we wear a hat/beanie. it's hot in the gym and we'd rather not have sweat running down our face then entire time.

agreed. i wear a hat in the gym too, because i cut my hair so short that if i didn't, sweat would run in my eyes.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

that's why we wear a hat/beanie. it's hot in the gym and we'd rather not have sweat running down our face then entire time.

But do you wear cutoff t-shirts and shiny gym shorts? :glasses:

sometimes. but i'd rather buy a shirt with no sleeves than spend an hour cutting one up to make it look like it took me 2 minutes to rip the sleeves off. that's just weird imo.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Why do these posts always pop up for women? Why are you watching other people so much at the gym? Get in thrash it out get lost.

So have you seen what some men wear to they gym?

Shell suits

Track suits so big they look like they might faint from heat exhaustion

Skinny little vest for their big tight muscles

Dodgy Canvas shoes, cos after all they aren't here to do cardio just pump it up

The wierd one in the martial arts tshirt you know has never seen a dojo in his life

The guy with odd stains you wonder if he ever washes his kit

How do you have time to look at the women?

How do you have time to look at the women? You've obviously never been to a gym in San Diego? How do you NOT have time to look at the women? Stop wearing spandex and sports bras and I'll stop. Girls like you make me laugh.

I'm quoting the whole thing to make sure to get my point across <end>
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My nasty, sweat-stained cap keeps the sweat out of my eyes and hides my bedhead.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym who wears a black thong under his white see through silky spandex short thing............

Makes me wish I was blinded - or he went to another gym. :sad:
    What? Should I not wear that?

Hell, you can wear anything you want:love:
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    There used to be a guy in my gym who wore one of those vests that are really low cut and have thin straps so they just about cover the nipples which obviously only work if you're built like a rhino and was the skinniest, lankiest, palest mofo I'd ever seen! BLARGH
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I like the men who are well-built and wear shirts with the sleeves cut off, but the hole is so big I can see all the way in. Abs, baby. It's like the male equivalent of cleavage. :smokin: I also like a nice-fitting pair of basketball shorts, cause they're shiny which makes it apparent if a guy has that side-butt indentation. :glasses: I'm such a creeper.

that is awesome
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I typically get showered, put on cologne, and make myself look good. I like doing that, but it makes GasMasterFlash feel insecure. But I feel insecure without doing it. Any suggestions?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Why do these posts always pop up for women? Why are you watching other people so much at the gym? Get in thrash it out get lost.

Shell suits

The wierd one in the martial arts tshirt you know has never seen a dojo in his life

Just to clarify these for the ignorant OP;

Shell suits and track suits to get sweating. Some people believe it helps.
    Small vest because they're not allowed to be topless and want to minimise sweating or constricted movement.
    Canvas shoes are flat, so are perfectly suited for lifting.
    Caps to keep sweat and hair out of their face.
    Odd stains - it's workout gear. Most of us don't give a fluck what it looks like if it does the job.
    We have time to look at women, and other people in general between sets. It's called a rest and you do it whenever you aren't doing a million reps of light weight.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Stop wearing spandex and sports bras and I'll stop. Girls like you make me laugh.

<---- this is how I look like in the gym. I feel more comfortable working out in sports bra than with a shirt. I would be flattered & take it as a compliment if someone would stare at me calling me a hottie but unfortunately people there are so busy working out that I'm barely noticable there.

As for the guys, I love seeing them pumping iron with their muscle shirts on or much better if the gym permits, topless. :tongue:

I have the good fortune to have a gym at work with 24 hours access, and I always workout topless..........but its only me there, and its usually around 12:30am..........but I do miss it when i go to a regular gym with all those "rules"

<grabs binoculars> address please???
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Guys in toques (knitted hats)....your head is that cold? Guys in jeans with a belt....workboots...the short shorts with NO underwear and then boys hanging out the leg (I kid you not)

The super ripped hot guy in a snug t and bike shorts (holymarymotherofgod) now THAT is distracting!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym, I'd say he's probably in his mid 40s, but he doesn't know that it's no longer 1986. He rocks some brightly colored spandex shorts, a tank top of his own fashioning, a fanny pack (to hold his WALKMAN), and the old school walkman headphones. Black Reebok high-tops, and scrunched down socks. Also a vividly colored sweatband.

When I say walkman, I literally mean an old school casette tape playing walkman. He JAMS that thing too, I often catch him dancing between sets. That guy is my favorite.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I typically get showered, put on cologne, and make myself look good. I like doing that, but it makes GasMasterFlash feel insecure. But I feel insecure without doing it. Any suggestions?
    You're sleeping on the couch tonight! :angry:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Shell suits

Just to clarify these for the ignorant OP;

Shell suits and track suits to get sweating. Some people believe it helps.
    Small vest because they're not allowed to be topless and want to minimise sweating or constricted movement.
    Canvas shoes are flat, so are perfectly suited for lifting.
    Caps to keep sweat and hair out of their face.
    Odd stains - it's workout gear. Most of us don't give a fluck what it looks like if it does the job.
    We have time to look at women, and other people in general between sets. It's called a rest and you do it whenever you aren't doing a million reps of light weight.

:laugh: my thoughts exactly! Guess I hang around the guys too much since I already know this.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The only weird thing I've noticed about men is the large number of them in jeans with belts. How is that comfortable? I've seen them at the gym, but I also saw one running (RUNNING!) at a local park.

Also, there was a guy who used to walk by the elliptical every five minutes a few years ago who came in khakis and loafers.
  • preisler
    preisler Posts: 6
    Options
    I work at a California university and use their gym. It's hard not to look at the beautiful young women (which are half my age) and what they're wearing. I just try to concentrate on what I'm doing. It's safer that way. Don't want to be considered a COG ("Creepy Old Guy")
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym, I'd say he's probably in his mid 40s, but he doesn't know that it's no longer 1986. He rocks some brightly colored spandex shorts, a tank top of his own fashioning, a fanny pack (to hold his WALKMAN), and the old school walkman headphones. Black Reebok high-tops, and scrunched down socks. Also a vividly colored sweatband.

When I say walkman, I literally mean an old school casette tape playing walkman. He JAMS that thing too, I often catch him dancing between sets. That guy is my favorite.

That's just too funny. I wonder if he's listening to Olivia Newton John on that. In the winter, does he have on leg warmers?
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm totally missing out by lifting at home!