Hi Just Joined

NellQuinn
NellQuinn Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined - this is my last and final attempt to lose weight and get in shape so will need loads of support from everyone - I'm very good at breakfast, lunch and my evening meal - when I am organised but it that time when you are sitting relaxing of an evening and mmm really fancy something nice.

Must also try and get going on some exercise - sit down most of the day at work, drive to and from work and then sit down at night

So am going to try a short walk each morning before work and maybe take an exercise class or some swimming during the week.

Here goes - best of luck to us all

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    You can do it, I know you will get good support here and there will be days when it all seems to hard, on those days come here too. don't give up, take your time and get to know everyone and you will get there. Have a look through the sucess stories and get inspired, that will be you before you know it! You can do it, welcome to mfp:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I know you can do this. I thought that it was impossible for me to lose weight, until I found this site. It made it much easier to see what I was eating, and make healthier choices. Be sure to log all of your food, and keep your chin up. Good luck on your journey. Here's to smart choices!
  • ogolindaq
    ogolindaq Posts: 9 Member
    Hi,
    I know how you feel. I've reached the point where I have to make this work. The first thing I can tell you is to tell yourself you are going to succeed no matter what , period. I mean really, even if you have to scream, cry, butt your head up against the wall you are going to do it. Then get a plan. I know every day what I am going to eat that day, I have it with me and I never let myself get too hungry. As soon as I feel a craving or hunger twang I put something in my mouth, an almond a carrott an apple chunk, as soon. Even if it is too early or I just ate or I'm getting ready to eat. I enter my foods into the food register as I plan it for the day and then adjust it as needed. That way I know where I am going to be and if I can add something. I stocked my kitchen and work place with fruit and veggies and other low cal snacks and foods. I made a soup with veggie broth, cabbage, onions, broccoli, and other low calorie veggies and when I can I eat a bowl of hot hot soup first, I can't eat fast and it helps fill me up. I like it as well. I also pray about it (if your inclined to that sort of thing). I have lost 5.5 pounds since the 4th of July with the 1200 calorie diet. I do take a weight loss pill from Arbonne called going going gone and it helps me curb my hunger. I also take their mulit-vitimin and I am also using alli after meals. I need all the help I can get. I can't believe it but so far it hasn't been that hard. I hope this helps. Linda Quinn
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Just joined - this is my last and final attempt to lose weight and get in shape so will need loads of support from everyone - I'm very good at breakfast, lunch and my evening meal - when I am organised but it that time when you are sitting relaxing of an evening and mmm really fancy something nice.

Must also try and get going on some exercise - sit down most of the day at work, drive to and from work and then sit down at night

So am going to try a short walk each morning before work and maybe take an exercise class or some swimming during the week.

Here goes - best of luck to us all

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored!
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too!
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Ohawk
    Ohawk Posts: 2
    Hi everyone! I just joined and I'm excited to be here! lol. Seriously though, I'm ready to begin a healthy lifestyle and maintain it!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Hi everyone! I just joined and I'm excited to be here! lol. Seriously though, I'm ready to begin a healthy lifestyle and maintain it!

And we welcome you! Best of luck on your journey!
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    welcome
This discussion has been closed.