Ladies out there...Low Iron...?

abr25
abr25 Posts: 179
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone. So I work at Six Flags NE and the other day I almost passed out in work.:frown: I felt like I was going to be sick at first, then got real hot, and then couldn't see or hear anything.

They gave me water and I ate a banana and it passed. The first aid attendent suggested to me it might be because it was the first day of my cycle and that my iron was low?

I have always bruised easily which I heard can mean this as well. It was just a little scary:sick: and i'm wondering if I should see my doctor about getting it checked? Suggestions?!?!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    My opinion: ABSOLUTELY SEE YOUR DOCTOR. It may be something very simple, but self-medicating without proper blood tests can be dangerous as it could be multiple things contributing. It can be something very simple, but you don't want to exacerbate it by treating it incorrectly. So, please go see your doctor. Have you thyroid checked, your blood counts, your iron stores. If nothing else, it will give you a baseline blood work if everything checks out.

Take great care of yourself!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    I am severely anemic myself. It was discovered upon running blood tests for another reason. It answered alot of problems that I only realized I was having in hind sight. It has taken about 5 mths since diagnosis to get it under control but I have to tell you I feel so much better than I did then! Dizziness, fatigue, vision issues, nausea. For me it was my menstral cycle that was the culprit but it could be as simple as not getting in enough vitamins such as b12 or iron. I am deficient. Do your workouts wear you out super fast? I couldnt work out without being down for the count for the remainder of the day.

GO TO THE DOC!
This discussion has been closed.