Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Loose/sagging skin

Has anyone got any home remedies for loose/sagging skin? I hadn't had a problem with it up until the last couple of weeks. Apparently (at this stage of the game) losing 3.2kg/7.04lbs and 4.5cm/1.77in from my hips in the last three weeks wasn't a good idea. Might not seem like a lot but I had already lost 24cm/9.45in from my hips alone. I now have a bit of sag around my lower tummy and hips now, that I'm not sure how to tighten up :cry:

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Sadly I believe you must rely on your skins natural elasticity. Making sure to get enough healthy fats, drinking enough water, and keeping your skin hydrated well can help. Some things I often see recommended is Vitamin E oil and Bio oil.

Best of luck!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Spanks or Flexies brand shapers. No matter how much I workout, I still have skin sag.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Genetics is the main thing that determines how much loose skin a person will have after losing weight. Not much can be done to help prevent it or re-tighten the skin. Save up for plastic surgery.
  • swin27
    swin27 Posts: 3
    try a good brand of Firming body lotion - use it twice a day for best results such as:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=firming+lotion&_sacat=See-All-Categories

i used the Avon firming lotion 2 times a day when pregnant with my two kids and no strectch marks.
    Also my older sister had very loose skin and stretch marks after having kids, I kept telling her to try the firming lotio, she was skeptical but tried it and when i seen her 3 or 4 weeks later she showed me and the difference was amazing! loads better. Tell u its definately worth a go. And you dont need to spend loads on it.. youl find most brands if not all a little goes a long way. Good luck let me know if you try it and how it goes for you x
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    One article I read recommends exfoliating. The thought is that rubbing off the dead skin on top will promote new cell growth on top. As for the stuff down below, that takes time, good lipids, and staying hydrated are all important as well. Plastic surgery should be an absolute last resort, as it's not a permanent fix (your skin grew when you gained, it will grow again)
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Swim. I knew someone years ago who lost 100 lbs. He then got rid of sagging skin by swimming - lots.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Get the rest of the fat out from under it. There is a layer of fat attached to the skin (very little of it on the back of your hand, that is what low fat skin feels like), that fat was deposited when you were fat, and it moreso than anything else is preventing your skin from shrinking. The best way to get rid of loose skin is to get to a super low BF%, overshoot your target and come back up, replace that fat with fat deposited when skinnier. But most people give up on their weight loss before that point.
  • Hi, Shazzylee. Try the Galvanic Body Spa by Nu Skin. I was at first sceptical but my brother told me last week it really worked on him (he goes to the gym and was trying to lose weight but also needed something to get rid of the unsightly sagging skin). Use it with the Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel to minimise and smooth the appearance of cellulite. This at-home spa treatment concentrates cellular energy to target pockets of fat and toxins for a more toned, firm appearance. Featuring theobromine and golden chamomile, this advanced treatment helps decrease fat storage and activate fat breakdown, promoting a firmer, more toned appearance. For an extension of benefits, use Dermatic Effects® Body Contouring Lotion between Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel treatments. I have the galvanic face spa at home and I only use the attachment for the face as I am slim and so I don't use the attachment for the body. However, I have been using Nu Skin's beauty range for the past 6 months now and they're well worth it. I think the galvanic spa has a money back guarantee on it. Visit my website on http://www.tinareyes.nsedreams.com or email me on tinareyes.nsedreams@gmail.com if you are interested. Good luck!