Yummy "pizza" recipies

Options
klynn08
klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
My all time favorite food is pizza and lately i have been trying to make lower cal versions that still actually taste like pizza.

Here are my two favorites:

1 portobello mushroom cap
2 Tbs. pizza sauce (you can also use salsa)
1/2 ounce cheese
3 kalamata olives
1 Tbs. red onion, chopped

1 portobello mushroom cap
1 Tbs. pesto
1/2 ounce feta cheese
1 Tbs. red onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. lemon juice (sprinkle on top after mushroom comes out of the oven)

You have to be careful because if you use too much sauce it can make the mushrooms soggy. I usually brush the tops with oil and roast them for a few minutes on each side, it helps give them more of a pizza base. I then bake them at 400 for about 10 minutes.

Replies

• christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the mushroom is just too much! Has anyone tried the cabbage crust and it was successful?? I tried it and it turned out terrible, I burnt the crap out of it. Can't decide if I want to try it again or leave it alone.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just use a tortilla for crust. English muffins work too, even the whole wheat ones.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    We make a tasty eggplant one but also call it eggplant parm. We slice the eggplant very thin and then grill it on a Foreman grill. Then when it is browned and totally cooked, we add our own vegetarian sauce and vegan cheese and whatever you like on top! SO yummy. There is also a cauliflower crush pizza which we have not tried yet and everyone is raving about (hoping to make it this weekend!). IF you want that recipe, I will message it to you if you message me and ask for it!

PS: I like to make one with pesto on a low carb tortilla and you can use some of the thin sliced sargento cheeses and veggies, yummy!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    oh holy CRAP that pesto/feta one sounds stupid good. i definitely just added mushroom caps to my grocery list for tomorrow.. thank goodness i'm going to sprouts this week.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i love using sandwich thins as the crust :)