Multi-vitamins?

Options
Wishful
Wishful Posts: 618 Member
So, do you take vitamins and do they make you hungrier?

Replies

• jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't take multi vitamins, but I do take magnesium, flax seed and glucosamine chondroitin. However, they are all taken under the direction of my doctor. I don't experience any side effects, the only thing I have noticed is a couple stomach problems with the addition of the magnesium a few weeks back. But it has stopped and I experience no side effects now.
  • tricianicole24
    Options
    i take once a day for women under the direction of my doctor. She informed me on the importance of taking a multi vitamin because you dont wake up and say "I think ill have some magnesiem today" instead your body knows that something is low but doesnt know what exactly so it craves food. With a multi vitamin it is taking care of things that are low in your body. :) in return your body doesnt crave food as much. :glasses:
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    if anything multi-vitamins would help to suppress appetite. I recommend taking a multi-vitamin everyday when u wake up! Some people have said that the supplementation actually gives a boost of energy.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I take a multi daily as insurance for the days I'm not so good on on eating. It does not make me hungrier or suppress my appetite.
    I do get a sick feeling stomach if I take it on an empty stomach so I take mine when I have dinner.
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    If you eat relatively healthy then a multi would be good every other day.

If you know you tend to not get all the nutrients you need, a daily multi would be a good idea. Cravings are often a sign of a deficiency (for example, women craving chocolate is often a sign of a magnesium deficiency).

Even the healthiest person doesn't get everythign they need in one day so a multi is never a bad idea.

That being said, I don't take one regularly. Only because I don't like taking it. When I feel low-energy, low immune system I pop a couple for about a week, so I do have them on hand.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I take the Flintstone's children's chewables :laugh: I like the taste and my doctor said they're fine for adults (the label says so, too). I have never noticed that they effect my hunger either way.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    If you decide to take them, be sure to do so with food. I have found that I I take them on an empty stomach I get a little nauseated. I think the vitamins are just insurance in case I don't get all my vitamins in from food...worse case is they are eliminated by the body if you have a surplus of them. I say take them!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think, in my personal experience, they somehow help weight loss.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    at the moment i take iron and folic acid :flowerforyou:

i should really start taking a multi vitamin too :blushing: