Dinner ideas?

Options
Shanel0916
Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
I'm having a tough time deciding what to cook for dinner for my boyfriend and I. He isn't really trying very hard to change his eating habits so he doesn't care about eating unhealthy and he is kinda picky. When I ask what he wants for dinner he never knows but when I do cook what I think is best there is always something he doesn't like. I'm not a good cook in fact I hate it. I don't know what to do, sometimes I don't even bother cooking and I just let him figure it out on his own.

Replies

• Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't personally eat meat but when I did I loved grilled chicken marinated in Ken's sundried tomato marinade. I still use the marinade on squash when I am using the grill. The lite version of the marinade tastes great and isn't very high in calories or fat. The fat-free version does not taste very good at all. So you could try grilled chicken with any marinade you find to your liking and then some vegetables. And if you guy is a carb man like mine is, throw in a baked potato with some spray butter or lite sour cream, that is one of my personal favorites because I love potatoes!I hope this helps.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My best man-pleasing meal that is easy and delicious is to do beef tips in the crockpot.

3 pounds lean beef tips
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (I buy Healthy Request, it's lowest in sodium)
    1 packet lipton onion soup mix
    1 "can" of water (fill the soup can up with water)

Mix all that together in a crockpot in the morning and cook it on low all day (8-10 hours). It's reasonably low in calories and fat if you use lean beef tips.

I serve it over brown rice. If your BF doesn't like brown rice, you could make white rice or instant mashed potatoes for him instead.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Great recipes that are pretty simple can be found at:

skinnytaste.com
    EatingWell.com
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help will definantly try.