whoa! cheesecake factory

staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i just checked out the cals on a bunch of cheesecake slices from ch. factory. I LOVE CHEESECAKE, ALL KINDS :love:
whoa!! 500-1100 cals per slice!! i had no idea it was that much! :noway:

i have a friend in town and i was hoping to meet her there for lunch. the one on the Strip (i'm in vegas) is next to a giant fish tank and is a good place to bring kids and the menu has enuf variety to please everyone.

i still will go-- but now if i have cheesecake, it'll be a bite of a slice shared by me, my 3 kids and friend. glad i checked it out ahead of time!

happy trails!

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    i wish cheesecake only had 5cals in a serving :love: :love: that would be perfect *misses cheesecake*
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    I know what ya mean. I like the Turkey, Bacon, Ranch sandwich from Arby's. It's over 800 of my 1200 daily allowance. I just exercise more on days I have one.
    Christina in Michigan, wishing she was in Vegas (I was last week, sigh)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    cheesecake is super amazing, but thats why it is hard to get down more than a piece...all the cals.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    cheesecake is super amazing, but thats why it is hard to get down more than a piece...all the cals.
    lol i just drink some milk with it and it washees down perfectly hahaha :laugh: :laugh: dang id be eating anywhere from 600-1500with the milk huh? phew thats almost half a pound :laugh: :laugh:
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    A nice substitute for cheesecake when you really crave it is a little piece of angelfood cake (one the size of a small muffin (36g) holds 130 cals), 2 tbls low-fat cream cheese on top of it (30 cals per tbls), and half a cup or so of thawed strawberries, with no added sugar, on top of that (about 30 cals there).

1 serving: 210 cals

I know it doesn't help much if you're going to the restaurant, but it might help with your willpower if you know you've got this to come home to later!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    have the cheesecake- just go work out to earn it- as long as this isn't a common occurrence, it doesn't pose a big threat to your progress
  • foxyforce
    have the cheesecake- just go work out to earn it- as long as this isn't a common occurrence, it doesn't pose a big threat to your progress

i love how everyone always says this, and im not against it. but burning 600-1500 calories just for a piece of cheesecake is not gonn ahappen for a lot of people. that is a lot of working out. that is like...over an hour of jogging!! its just a lot of exercise. maybe i feel that way cause im lazy lol...especially after the cheesecake :sad:
  • staceyw37

oh, i know that. but i "indulge" all the time. you'd think that after exercising so hard i'd hate to undo it, but no, not me. :laugh:

that's why my wt loss has been so slow. that is, if i stayed closer to my cals/day (even w/exer cals added in), i'd have been much closer to my goal. :tongue:
    no complaints tho.

anyway, thanks for sharin in the laugs with me! go mfp!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    You don't love the cheesecake. If you loved the cheesecake they way I do an hour is no problem.:bigsmile: My love for the cheesecake is even greater than my love for my Aunt's carrot cake.
    i love how everyone always says this, and im not against it. but burning 600-1500 calories just for a piece of cheesecake is not gonn ahappen for a lot of people. that is a lot of working out. that is like...over an hour of jogging!! its just a lot of exercise. maybe i feel that way cause im lazy lol...especially after the cheesecake :sad:
  • foxyforce
    You don't love the cheesecake. If you loved the cheesecake they way I do an hour is no problem.:bigsmile: My love for the cheesecake is even greater than my love for my Aunt's carrot cake.

i can't jog for an hour, i don't have the endurance for it, and because i haven't worked my way up it probably wouldn't be healthy
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    i just checked out the cals on a bunch of cheesecake slices from ch. factory. I LOVE CHEESECAKE, ALL KINDS :love:
    whoa!! 500-1100 cals per slice!! i had no idea it was that much! :noway:

i have a friend in town and i was hoping to meet her there for lunch. the one on the Strip (i'm in vegas) is next to a giant fish tank and is a good place to bring kids and the menu has enuf variety to please everyone.

i still will go-- but now if i have cheesecake, it'll be a bite of a slice shared by me, my 3 kids and friend. glad i checked it out ahead of time!

happy trails!
    probably because those "slices" are like 3 or four in one piece. Instead of eating it all in one sitting, I'll have a 3rd, or half, and workout a little more to make up for it. I LOVE cheesecake!!:heart:
  • staceyw37
    i know the pieces are HUGE--isn't that the beauty of them?! :laugh:

we didn't wind up going anyway. she's here on vaca celebrating 40th bd with friends. so we met them at the pool for the afternoon. i had a frozen fruit bar, diet pepsi, snackwell cookies.

it worked out all around.

(so maybe i will take the kids to the buffet tomorrow :wink: )

as shallow as this sounds, being at the pool reinforced my motivation to continue with eating more conscientiously more consistently. there were some nice looking and some really fit bodies there. :tongue:

here's to us!
This discussion has been closed.