Healthy sweet substitutes

Options
I thought it might be fun to start a thread on healthy substitutes for sweets, when cravings strike. I'm not a fan of fake sugars. Besides straight up fruit, what are your strategies for keeping the cookie monster at bay?

I have three so far:
-- Solaray chewable calcium citrate supplement. The recommend dose is 4 per day.
-- Good earth herbal tea, original flavor, brewed strong with a splash of unsweetened almond milk. The tea is naturally sweet.
-- Chia pudding made with unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk, and 1/2 of a small very ripe banana.

I'd love to have a few more up my sleeve....is there anything that has worked well for you?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is my favorite go-to for sweet. I also have a bunch of different flavored protein shakes and those will suffice when I want something sweet.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I make pumkin pie with out a crust, calls for 3/4 sugar i do half of that with real sugar the other half with splenda, 2 eggs and a can of condensed milk, i use all the spices the libby can calls for but half the ginger that the recipe calls for. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes then turn down heat to 325 for twenty minutes. Sever a couple Tbs. full on a grahm cracker and top with frozen lite cool whip.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Low sugar yoghurts

Quest bars (MY ADDICTION!! I fork out so much damn money to import these to Aus, lol)

Frozen yoghurt sticka, normally between 55-80 cals

Sugar free gum

Fruit
  • x12jenar13x
    x12jenar13x Posts: 15
    Options
    when my sweet tooth kicks in, i grab an Atkins endulge bar (caramel nut chew bar).

You all know about Atkins diet. It's all about low carb diet. I mean really low. So when I want something that will satisfy my craving. I use Atkins product. It works for me and I keep shedding pounds off every week. I had to change my weight goal all the time because I kept going beyond my goals. This is the third time I changed my goal and hopefully its the last.

In conclusion, don't be afraid to add Atkins product in your diet. My favorite is the caramel nut chew bar. I consider it as a healthy sweet snack because it's a lot better than grabbing a snicker bar or kit kat, but fruits should always be #1 on your list.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this is a good choice but I find Premier Crunch Protein bar is quite satisfying. :)