new here

Options
I am so new, I posted the following message in the wrong place before figuring out how to do it right.

I am new to myfitnesspal and haven't quite figured out how to add people yet. I have a weight loss goal of 35 pounds. I lost 17 pounds last summer, and then quit smoking during the holidays (bad timing) and within two months, gained 20 pounds... I, unfortunately started smoking again (I'll admit it, I secretly had hoped it'd help me lose weight.) So, now here I am - trying to quit smoking again and desperately wanting to do so without gaining weight... in fact, while losing weight. Making a commitment to having a healthier lifestyle. Oh, I recently started working a full-time third shift job - it seems to bring extra challenges to this too, but I can do it.

I would love to be friended by positive people, people with insights to share, people who have similar challenges, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You can do this!! I do get he whole smoking thing. It was hard to quite, but never impossible. It took me 2x's before I stopped and it's been 11 years! As for the weight loss, I look at it as a change of life not a "diet." :wink: This site is awesome!! Once you start logging your daily intake you, I feel it just became habit. I adjusted to my change of eating habits. Great people an d positive energy!

To request friends, just click on the persons picture and it will give you that option.

I have sent a friends request. :smile: