Ignition, inspiration and Regret

Options
CynSearly
CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
On December 25, 2011 my husband had a heart attack at age 34.

I am much more unhealthy and in worse physical shape. This was a real slap in the face for me. I spent the week between the holidays in a hospital in a strange city, far away from anything close to home. It was not fun.

The weeks after I made a permanent lifestyle change, both in support of my husband and for myself. I didn't want to end up with a heart attack at age 26. Since then, I have lost a considerable amount of weight and my intention is to continue on. I regret that I have let myself slide into this pit of ugly ridiculousness, however I believe that I will survive and come out on top in the end. However, this time it won't be the top of the weight charts!

I think the most embarrassing moment of my adult life was when a doctor left the examination room in disgust telling me she had to go find a thigh cuff to take my blood pressure properly. I don't know why I didn't clue in at the time, but until now my actions have been inexcusable. Since then, I have had yearly examinations and they have all resulted in relief. Apparently, I am perfectly healthy aside from all this excess weight. I can guarantee that if I continue in this way, I won't pass the tests for much longer.

I am here to change, and to garner the support and guidance (and scolding when I fall out of sync with my goals) of this community to help keep me honest with myself. I intend to do the same for everyone.

So, send me a 'friend request' and help keep me honest if you like. After all, once a person hits the bottom of the grave he/she has been digging, there's a choice: to lie down and give up, or to get up and climb back out. I'm certainly on my way back out.

Replies

• beesexy27
    beesexy27 Posts: 24
    Options
    This post is oddly refreshing. This is the true reason to get healthy. Not to look hot in some bikini or to boost esteem, but to treat your body well. Thank you for sharing!