10 pound slump

Options
I keep seeing everyone's weight loss success and I can't get past the first 10lbs. Any pointers??

Replies

• jgjansma
    jgjansma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! i've been at the same weight for about 3 weeks now and it is so frustrating! I started the 30 day shred today and i definitely felt it! Just don't give up or lose motivation, switching up your routine a bit probably wouldn't hurt either (:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Since your diary is not public all I can do is throw a few things out.
    - Are you drinking enough water?
    - Are you getting enough protein? (Women about 20 grams 4 times a day or that is what my bariatric MD recommends)
    - Are you logging accurately? This one got me at the beginning. 1 serving of cheese is 28 grams not the almost 60 grams I could shove into the measure cup.
    - Are you counting oils, condiments and every BLT?
    - Sodium? Are you sure you aren't losing more but just holding onto water weight?

If all else fails try changing something in your diet for a month. Maybe cut carbs in half and up protein and fat. That worked for me.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Since your diary is not public all I can do is throw a few things out.
    - Are you drinking enough water?
    - Are you getting enough protein? (Women about 20 grams 4 times a day or that is what my bariatric MD recommends)

This was a very helpful reply, for me also! :) Thank you. How accurate are the carb/protein/fat needs that MFP auto calculates?