Exercise Success!

Options
When I first stated my back to the gym and weight loss journey, I could push myself to do 3-5 minutes on the elliptical without sweating and dry heaving.
Yesterday, I did 45 minutes of intervals on the elliptical then did another 20 minutes of hills on the treadmill.
Oh, and I can run, I can actually run!!!:tongue:
This is SO huge for me!!! I am so proud of myself.

How far have you come in your exercise?

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!!! It is one of the greatest feelings in the world and gives you such hope!!!

I also remember the day that I swam for 30 minutes straight without needing to stop! :happy:

Wonderful!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Keep up the great work!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is so awesome! You really rocked it! I'd LOVE to be able to conquer the eliptical. I just can't seem to get it. It's become my mountain I'll never climb. I actually fear it...Silly, I know.

Isnt' running exhilerating?! I love to run. I'm trying to decide on whether I want to do a 5K this fall for Run for the Cure at my high school where I work. Just been too preoccupied lately. Son going to college next month...need I say more. Only child! Yep, I'm preoccupied alright!

Truly, I am so proud of you! You're my new idol! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is so awesome! You really rocked it! I'd LOVE to be able to conquer the eliptical. I just can't seem to get it. It's become my mountain I'll never climb. I actually fear it...Silly, I know.

Isnt' running exhilerating?! I love to run. I'm trying to decide on whether I want to do a 5K this fall for Run for the Cure at my high school where I work. Just been too preoccupied lately. Son going to college next month...need I say more. Only child! Yep, I'm preoccupied alright!

Truly, I am so proud of you! You're my new idol! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smooched:

I know how u feel!! those things terrify me:embarassed:
    lol....
    YOU CAN SO DO the 5k!!! even if you only get to walk... visit Prevention magazine's website. They have tips on walking/running long distances and the timings for daily exercise to allow you to be ready by then :flowerforyou: Even if you have to do early early am workouts dont let your busy schedule let u forget about YOU.... you deserve it!!! :wink:

Congrats on the workout achievements everyone!!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    When I first stated my back to the gym and weight loss journey, I could push myself to do 3-5 minutes on the elliptical without sweating and dry heaving.
    Yesterday, I did 45 minutes of intervals on the elliptical then did another 20 minutes of hills on the treadmill.
    Oh, and I can run, I can actually run!!!:tongue:
    This is SO huge for me!!! I am so proud of myself.

How far have you come in your exercise?

i know that happy feeling. i slowly built up my endurance with jogging and i am able to go further and further. i am about 25 minutes, but no more at this point. congrats on your success!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the good work.
    (that will be me on the tready beside you sweating up a storm from fartleking!)

:laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Haha, realizing that you actually have endurance can be addicting! That is awesome; running is the best.

As for me, I'm about to finish my very first fitness program, P90X. It's Day 90 and my last workout begins in 30 minutes, yay!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! Congratz!

My family thinks I'm silly when I get so excited about the little things happening as I loose weight. But, they are all being supportive and laugh with me.

Keep up the good work!

JAM
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!