I have finally finished c25k!

nicehormones
nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
It only took me 4.5 months, but I have completed Couch to 5k!! I feel incredible and so proud of myself for never giving up. Some parts got really difficult and I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it, but I kept on trying through the end :) Yay.

Just felt the need to share it. If anyone wants to get into running, I highly recommend this program! Whoo hoo!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Congrats! Well done. It is better to go at your own pace. I think it took me 12 weeks, too. Great work.
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    I just completed day one... It doesn't seem possible when I'm winded after 60 seconds, but I'm sticking with it!!!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Well done - I just finished B210K and I am 51yrs - so thats your next challenge!
  • khrystyna82
    khrystyna82 Posts: 45 Member
    Congrats. I just started the c25k program but I am only on week 1. What is your next goal?
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Congrats! I just started and I'm getting the worst shin splints! :/ Did you get them too and did they get better?
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Well done you... you should be so proud of yourself.

I'm on W5D2 tomorrow. You can never say it is easy but the thing that I enjoy the most is when I have finished the day's training. That feeling of "yes I did it" is just amazing. Ok, I am not the fastest runner in the world, but I am doing the time if not the distance!!

I understand just how you feel. enjoy it... you have worked bloody hard for it!

Sue
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Congrats hun, can't wait to feel that myself! I have just completed Week 1 and am due to start Week 2 today... :smile:
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    well done! i'm definitely doing it at my own pace too, did w5d2 this morning but started 7 weeks ago. still, it's getting done!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Well done! You should be very proud. I had knee surgery 6 weeks ago and am hoping to get the all clear on Friday to start it again.
  • nicehormones
    Congrats. I just started the c25k program but I am only on week 1. What is your next goal?

I am thinking P90X!

:)
  • nicehormones
    Congrats! I just started and I'm getting the worst shin splints! :/ Did you get them too and did they get better?

I never had this issue. The worst I've had is side stitches that made me have to start walking again.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    so you going to start b210k?

I just finished that now i'm training for a half marathon.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Great work sweetie!!! well done :) xxx
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80

I'm half way through week 5 and my shins are starting to get better now, they don't hurt for as long or as much, the pain is hardly noticeable now. My husband runs a lot of half marathons and when he first started training he used to get really bad shin splints but never gets them now. Just remember to RICE - and I really find compression bandages and ibuprofen help.

OP - well done!!! Looking forward to getting to that point myself!
  • nicehormones
    so you going to start b210k?

I just finished that now i'm training for a half marathon.

Haven't really thought about it! I think I'm going to focus on speed for a while first... My best mile is 11 mins and 20 seconds so I am still pretty slow. That's awesome that you're going to try for a half marathon now.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Well done!! :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    awesome! I am stuck in week 5... having a hard time w/ it!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Well done, Iv'e just finished week one again, I had to stop at week 3 cos of illness in feb, but I love it and would really advise ANYBODY to try it, I would never have considered running 12 months ago, now I love it.
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats on your success!!!! you totally deserve it:smile:
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Congratulations! You should be proud... doing it myself but taking awhile
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!