My small victory but I'm halfway there!

kikilareggae
kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
1.jpg
The first photo (holding my 2 month old & I promise she's not freezing, I just covered up to look slimmer! haha) in October 2012. No exercise whatsoever. Eating any and everything. :)

252.jpg
22.jpg
The second picture and third (courtesy of my sweet 4 year old) are from end of November 2012. These 2 pictures really made me realize how plump I had become! I know I had just had a baby and blah, blah, blah but I was still that weight at the end of January 2012 and I have always eaten horribly.

3.jpg
Fourth pic is of me mid-April 2012. Working out pretty regularly and eating ok.

4-1.jpg (*Screwed with this last pic FOREVER and it's off center no matter how I resize it! Ahhhh Help!)
Last pic is from last week on the way out to run some errands and I thought, "Hey, i can see my waist IS actually getting smaller!".I'm definetely an apple shaped woman. 30 Day Shred has made all the difference thru my waist. Soooo I know 18 pounds isn't a lot for some people but for me, this is huge! I haven't weighed this much since just after I was first married in 2002-3ish.

I am not trying to look like a fitness guru or a supermodel, I just want to be healthy! I'm 5'9 and I'm within my healthy BMI. I really wished I would've measure before but I didn't start using MFP until the end of January this year and was still learning the ropes. I know that I started at 180 in January and now I'm 162. I was wearing a size 14/16 in pants and now I'm down to a size 9. I'd like to lose at least 10 more pounds and I know I can and will. If I were more faithful about eating better and maybe stop drinking diet soda I would be farther along but at the end of the day, I'm making progress. I'm strong and I feel great! It's not a race and I know I'll get there eventually. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Congrats. You have done so well. I love drinking water. What about substituting water for some of those diet sodas?
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Wow, you look great. Well done!
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Well done, you look great!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Great job!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    you look great ! x
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    You look amazing!
    Good for you!
    :)
    Heather
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Hi! We have near identical stats and goals. I'm 5'9", started out at 182 pounds and am now at 159 pounds. I think I'd like to lose 5 more but I'm happy for it to take ages because I'm attempting to build/maintain my muscle mass. Friend me if you need someone to keep you going!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Congrats. You have done so well. I love drinking water. What about substituting water for some of those diet sodas?

You're right. Whenever I drink a lot of water and less or no soda, I see the numbers drop. It's one of those love/hate relationships. I usually have a 32 oz a day- sometimes I don't even drink more than half of it. I'm just addicted and need to overcome it, I think.
  • MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    AWESOME SUCESS!!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    its no small victory, It is one AWESOME victory!! Great progress! thank you for sharing you journey :flowerforyou:
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Looking hot, mama!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!