Going over my sugar allowance prett quickly

Options
Morning, just wanted to know if anyone esle goes over there sugar allowance pretty early on.
Just now i've had a yogurt and an apple and well i've got no sugar allowance left :/

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    turn sugar off if it bugs you. Replace it with carbs perhaps. The level is set quite low and fruit easily takes you over it. It is probably set at the FDA guideline for added sugars.
  • elrington58
    Options
    Hi
    How do you turn sugar off ?
    Im finding it a problem also
    Thanks
    Penny
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you can change the target values at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom

or select the nutrients displayed at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    Mine does the same. I can eat "no added sugar" foods in a day but still go over my sugars with fruit, wholewheat bread, milk and stuff like that. I've turned it off cos it bugs me!
  • Sneeze1970
    Sneeze1970 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm almost consistently over my sugar allowance each day so days by a little other days it gets blown out the water. I keep it there though as my family has a history of diabetes and I'm trying to get a handle on how to eat well without too much sugar in my diet. Its helping me to figure out what to have a little of and what to have a lot of.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    2 fruits, heaps of veg, and dairy always sets me over - always! and I set mine to 40g.

don't worry about it too much. as long as you aren't going over by heaps, or eating heaps of refine sugar you should be fine.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I turn it off too as it drives me crazy. I Just try to eat as little processed foods as possible. I have my carbs set to 40% too. X
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Phew! I thought it was just me!! Turning it off now.......
    Trying to get enough fibre now!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm massively over mine every day although I don't add sugar to anything, I don't let it worry me, don't even track it, it doesn't seem to be doing me much harm.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have never changed my sugar target values on mfp...n not too often go over the 40 limit they have...on occassion maybe go over 6g....but hey as long as I am watching what I eat I dont sweat it.
    i'd say your choices of food help keep your sugar low...one can never eliminate sugar entirely. Say for instance..your breakfast of apple and yogert...apple has sugar...perfectly fine...i even eat an apple...but i would venture to say your yogert contains sugar eh? how much? the one i eat contains 3g.
    Read labels...choose wisely... eat health balanced meals.... dont sweat a few grams over the target values. but... IF they are hughly over... consider what you are eating and see if there are healthier choices to make
  • elrington58
    Options
    Thanks
    Penny
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Also may want to check the sugar content in the yogurt. Some that are flavored have more than you might think.