Is this true of Coke or scaremongering?

Options
2»

Replies

• lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    If that worries you then stop drinking orange juice (or if you never did don't start...)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    When my cousin had his wisdom teeth out, his dentist told him to put his tooth in a glass of coke for a few days and see what happens. I guess it turned all dark brown and was corroded. I guess that's what it does to your teeth...
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I used Cherry Coke when roasting ham. It's really nice.
  • carinalewis
    carinalewis Posts: 84
    Options
    Perhaps the coca-cola myths are very old. Pre-1903 Coke contained cocaine and was sold as a tonic... one look at daniella westbooks nose confirms the t-bone steak theory

lmao :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    When my cousin had his wisdom teeth out, his dentist told him to put his tooth in a glass of coke for a few days and see what happens. I guess it turned all dark brown and was corroded. I guess that's what it does to your teeth...
    Any acid will do that. Do you often walk around holding Coke in your mouth for days at a time? Besides the fact that the saliva in your mouth would dilute the acid in the Coke anyway... You drink soda it touches your teeth for a few seconds and it's gone. No harm, particularly if you brush your teeth on a normal basis.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    All what salt? There's less sodium in coke than there is in regular tap water.

If it's 'be anal about everything day' then that really depends on where you live. The salt in coke isn't at a dangerous level but they do add some so what does that tell you? They're definitely not trying to quench your thirst.
    Salt is essential in quenching your thirst actually...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It's scaremongering. Plain and simple.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I had visions of my children's insides disintegrating :laugh:

Look up stomach acid.

Just sayin'.