Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• b1fitlady
    b1fitlady Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a fried egg white with 1/2 an avocado, diced, and a spoonful of the most natural salsa you can find (or make). Wash down with a glass of Silk Pure Coconut Milk. It's flavorful and will hold you until lunchtime, so force an apple and some almond butter mid-way through the morning to keep your metabolism going! :flowerforyou:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    bump
  • claireallred
    claireallred Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying french toast on mornings when I have time to cook. I use the sara lee 45 calorie bread and egg beaters and then I add vanilla and a cinn/splenda mixture in with the eggs. Top with sugar-free syrup and its delicious! You can even eat 3 pieces and its only about 190 cals..WITH fruit on top! A lot of bang for your buck! :)
  • Biomisty
    Biomisty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I'm really in a hurry, I stick 2 blueberry eggo waffles (190 cal) in toaster and head out the door. I usually grab a fruit on the way out the door as well. Kashi has blueberry that are less cal with more fiber but don't quite taste as good but maybe worth trying.
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito with turkey sausage, eggs, salsa, cheese, with watermelon/strawberry slushie to drink. That was my breakfast this morning, and it was superb :)
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always go with 4 ounces of lowfat vanilla yogurt mixed into my Kashi Go-Lean high-protein cereal plus a protein shake.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Loving these ideas.... MFP peeps are so smart!!! :flowerforyou:
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One of my go-tos is Greek yogurt (1/2 c, Fage 0%) with Bakery On Main gluten-free cranberry pecan granola (3/4 c) and a handful of fresh raspeberries and blueberries. About 400 cals and will keep you full for hours. :)
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Thomas' Light Multigrain English Muffin - 100 calories with lots of fiber
    with 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1 tablespoon of Polaner all fruit with fiber and
    a cup of skim milk - it is 305 calories, delicious and keeps me full for about 4 hours.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    when i'm sick of my usual oatmeal, grits or juices, i have scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon and wheat toast. it takes longer to prepare but i stay fuller longer...
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I always just eat cereal...whatever kind I happen to buy that week. It's about the only thing I can stomach that soon after waking up. (Unless, I happen to have some really delicious leftovers that just can't wait until lunch or supper :tongue: )

Corn flakes usually, because it's the cheapest...but every now and then I'll go for some of my other favorites if I'm in the mood for it.
  • gfuller46
    gfuller46 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, I will be trying this one.
    :smile:
  • greenacrestkd5
    Options
    Bran flax seed muffins! Yummy and filling. I sub the flour and use whole wheat and throw in other veg like zucchini. Drink with fat free milk, great start to the day!

Link to recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bran-flax-muffins/
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    loving all the ideas!
  • nicolethewanderer
    Options
    I love toasted ezekiel bread with hummus, trader joe's high fiber o's and unsweeted almond milk & berries, or a chobani yogurt and a piece of fruit. i have an apple with breakfast almost every single morning. and COFFEE-- always coffee. :]
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    Eggs scrambled with wild alaskan salmon and onion with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. It's so easy to make and I make a large batch using 8 eggs in the beginning of the week so that it lasts me through the entire week and I just have to microwave for a minute every morning.