Aunt Flo...

euphoria11
euphoria11 Posts: 49
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So it is always a given that you retain water during your (ladies) TOM?

Or is it possible to not be bloated, or to not retain fluid?

I am checking the scale, and only see about 1 lb difference from my current weight... so could that mean that I am not bloated/retaining water, or that I am, and could actually be a little lower on the scale?

Either way, no biggie! First time, in a LONG time that it hasn't been about a 5 or 6 lb difference.
This whole drinking a lot of water thing sure does have its pay offs. :wink:

PS!!!!!
Tried on clothes today that haven't fit me in at least 2 years!!!
Almost a 15lb weightloss! :bigsmile:
Only about 20 or so to go!
It is times like today, that keep me on my healthy living path!!
What a good week!!!
:drinker:

Replies

• red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Its funny you asked cuz I was wondering the same thing today! I also gain between 5 to 8 lbs every month. I also eat sweets and chocolate back to back for about 2 days straight! Congrats on weight loss! Let me know if you figure anything out on the water retention.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    I'm usually up a pound or 2, but drinking lots of water helps. That's one thing that's never been an issue for me. I drink tons of water, but if she shows up on a weigh-in day, I usually wait 2-3 days, just to be more accurate. Hope that helps :happy:

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    Its funny you asked cuz I was wondering the same thing today! I also gain between 5 to 8 lbs every month. I also eat sweets and chocolate back to back for about 2 days straight! Congrats on weight loss! Let me know if you figure anything out on the water retention.

I ate a Hershey Bar today... and I'm postponing my weigh-in til monday :tongue:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    It really depends. Some months I'll be the same. This month I was 165 on Wednesday but by Friday I was 172 and I know It wasn't what I was eating it's just dear aunt Flo. :laugh:
  • skywalker
    A friend of mine calls it Aunt Martha. When we were kids, I thought she really had an Aunt named Martha! Ha!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Lately, I have actually been LOSING weight when I get AF. How? No idea! but I will not complain.
    I am not a muncher though when I get AF. I just get witchy, according to my hubby. haha
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Lately, I have actually been LOSING weight when I get AF. How? No idea! but I will not complain.
    I am not a muncher though when I get AF. I just get witchy, according to my hubby. haha

Your body requires more energy right before you get your TOM so, if you eat and excersise the same, you will lose weight more quickly. I find once all my bloat goes away I've lost a bit more than I usually do.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Your body requires more energy right before you get your TOM so, if you eat and excersise the same, you will lose weight more quickly. I find once all my bloat goes away I've lost a bit more than I usually do.

...well then in that case, bring it on!! :noway: :noway:

:laugh:
  • skywalker

Ooh! That's exciting!! I worked my *kitten* off this week and just got my dear Auntie. Wonder if I lost a few. I'll check in the morning :happy:

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.