A rule of success (how to burn a pizza)

Options
In the last seven months I feel like I have learned alot from the community here at MFP. And one of the biggest lessons that I have learned is that when you fail you need to get back up on your VERY NEXT oppurtunity. Day started out well, Ate well all day and spent most of my time playing with the kids. Then when supper time came neither myself nor DW felt like making anything so we ordered pizza. Whole grain crust for us. Ordering pizza is occasional for us and not usually a problem but for some reason tonight I ate mine, and picked off the kids plates and long story short total disaster to the tune of being over 1375 calories! eeeeeekkkkk..... Well here is where this rule came into play. I could have fallen into the old "Well I blew it today, guess I'll start fresh tommorow" game. But no, I knew I had a chance to pick myself back up today. After the kids went to bed I got on my bike and just ripped pavement. Pushed hard and put in 20 miles before the sun set. Then I grabbed I nice cold bottle of water and hit the gym for a spin on the elliptical for a good 30 mins. When all was said and done I burned 1780 calories and am well back into the black. Never forget, when you fall. And believe me you will, get right back up and get going. Don't wait till tommorow to show what your made of. So what does it take to burn a pizza? Aside from a 20 mile bike ride and 30 mins on an elliptical? It takes the belief that your worth the effort. It requires a willingness to accept your failures and the strength to make things right. The choice to succeed for fail is ours to make. Tonight, I chose to succeed.

:drinker:
Cheers My fitness Pals!

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing! And inspirational. Way to go!!!

-Danielle
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It's so easy to do the "start over tomorrow" thing. That shows that you have really change your LIFESTYLE!!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Right on, Spyguy!! You know, I'm with ya!!!:happy:

exercise.png
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    WOOOW...that is truly a great way of thinking/approaching your moments when you "overdue" it. When I fall off the wagon I go ahead and roll around in the dirt until the next day. Next time it happens (I'm positive it will) :grumble: I'm going to try your approach....thanx for sharing!
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    In the last seven months I feel like I have learned alot from the community here at MFP. And one of the biggest lessons that I have learned is that when you fail you need to get back up on your VERY NEXT oppurtunity. Day started out well, Ate well all day and spent most of my time playing with the kids. Then when supper time came neither myself nor DW felt like making anything so we ordered pizza. Whole grain crust for us. Ordering pizza is occasional for us and not usually a problem but for some reason tonight I ate mine, and picked off the kids plates and long story short total disaster to the tune of being over 1375 calories! eeeeeekkkkk..... Well here is where this rule came into play. I could have fallen into the old "Well I blew it today, guess I'll start fresh tommorow" game. But no, I knew I had a chance to pick myself back up today. After the kids went to bed I got on my bike and just ripped pavement. Pushed hard and put in 20 miles before the sun set. Then I grabbed I nice cold bottle of water and hit the gym for a spin on the elliptical for a good 30 mins. When all was said and done I burned 1780 calories and am well back into the black. Never forget, when you fall. And believe me you will, get right back up and get going. Don't wait till tommorow to show what your made of. So what does it take to burn a pizza? Aside from a 20 mile bike ride and 30 mins on an elliptical? It takes the belief that your worth the effort. It requires a willingness to accept your failures and the strength to make things right. The choice to succeed for fail is ours to make. Tonight, I chose to succeed.

Cheers My fitness Pals!

Holy *kitten* !!! I saw you weight ticker. You have lost a lot of weight. Way to go!!

You can't change the past. What's done is done. No use crying over spilled milk...how many more cliches do you think I can come up with?
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i t hink the incredible point is that when u feel like u did something that wasnt good for UR progress U took anitiative u didnt let it get U down u realized that by doing something today and not tomorrow is a better way to live.. good for U its true we may fall off the wagon once and a while but dont wait till tomorrow to rectify the mistake (although not really a mistake a pizza once and a while wont kill us although im having a low carb home made one lol) do something then and there and dont say hell with it i might as well eat more and ill fix it tomorrow.

congrats and now u got me wanting to ride my bike tomorrow so thank you for that

remember slow and steady wins the race

xoxo

tortoise
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Love this!
    Awesome job!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kym_lewis08
    kym_lewis08 Posts: 393
    Options
    So inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    This post brought a smile to my face and made me realize how many times I do the whole "Well, I'll start back tomorrow" bit. Thanks for making me think about my habits.:happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    This post made me crave pizza. :P
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    That is great news. Way to take control of your life and do what needed to be done!

Hey Brenda...have that pizza but kick your own butt after just like Spyguy did!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today is tomorrow, yesterday

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Today is tomorrow, yesterday

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

That is some deep stuff there Jeannie :laugh:

I need more coffee before I get into that stuff. lol

:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    hey it's another mainer!...lol congrats on burning off all those cals!! that is crazy...and congrats on all the weight loss that is amazing.....
    on another note...
    if thats what it takes to get rid of pizza calories....i never want pizza again :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So proud of your decision!! This dedication is why you are where you at!! Keep it up! Such an inspiration!
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    WOW, that is a great personal triumph. One I plan to add to my list of things not to put off until tomorrow! Thanks for the inspirational story
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Good for you!! :bigsmile:

I had a similar experience after eating at Chili's the other night (although I didn't go crazy overboard) and ended up running at 10:30pm in the dark :laugh: But, it felt great!!

Congrats, and keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :drinker: IMPRESSIVE!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    :drinker: IMPRESSIVE!

wow, stacey, i haven't seen a pic of you in a while...you're looking skinny! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    In looking at all of our AVs I have just one question:

Where do all the chins go when we lose them????

Are they like sox, in a parallel universe just spinning with no where to go??

Then GOOD:angry: .....stay There:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!