30DS - knee concerns.

Options
syrcaid
syrcaid Posts: 31 Member
Hey guys, So I started doing 30 Day Shred last Wednesday and today will be day 6. On Sunday(Day 4), I noticed I had some pretty significant soreness in my knees that lasted the whole day(I did the workout in the AM). It was a little less, but still there yesterday, Monday--so I was a little afraid of doing the exercises that involved jumping, since I can feel the pain when I do those. I swapped out the jumping jacks, jump rope and butt kicks with wide side steps and still doing the same arm motions. This went fine. I was still able to do the lunges and squats ok. The work out was still challenging, though probably slightly easier than if I had been jumping.

Today, the pain is better than yesterday, but I can still sort of feel it. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and try the regular workout or do the side stepping again today.

I'm just a little gun shy of injuries after I hurt my knee last fall--tried to work through it and ended up messing my knee up for 3 weeks. What is your opinion?

I think I was probably doing the lunges and squats incorrectly the first few days--overextending the knee over the foot, and I have since tried to stop doing this. Opinions for me?

Replies

• ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Since you caught the overextending in time and the pain is getting better, I'd say continue to do your low-impact modification until at least the end of level one. Some pains can be worked through, but joint pain can put you in a bad way.
  • mwitherite
    mwitherite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you have knee braces? You may want to try that. I'm having the same trouble with my ankles but I know my reason is because i just have weak ankles lol So i'm gonna hit up the store and check out some braces to see if that helps! :) Good luck!