Slow Losses...

Options
124»

Replies

• ellk2
    ellk2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Have you been losing inches though......when I don't seem to be losing pounds, the inches are coming down so I am assuming I am gaining some muscle. I found increasing my activity by 15 minutes (treadmill) helped and reducing my carbs. Good Luck, and keep going......:happy:
  • artisticappetite
    Options
    Same here, 25 pounds in almost a year.. Hopefully I lose 5 more by then so I can make it 30 in a year.. your not alone!
  • PaulaJKelly
    PaulaJKelly Posts: 96
    Options
    Make sure that you are having enough water - minimum of 8 - 8oz glasses per day. You also need to have enough protein. The way this site calculates is way too low for me. I need 100 and not 45 per day. I was doing a program (H.....life) and lost 30 pounds. It has been a year and I have kept most of it off. The few pounds of weight I have put on has been MY choices. The un-fun part of all of this is the fact that you don't really get to eat that much at 1,200 calories so make them count. Protein shakes or bars in the morning, Lots of salad with chicken or cottage cheese (low fat or fat free) or homemade chili on top (lean beef or turkey with low sodium beans and low sodium diced tomatoes). You have to be dedicated every day. I walked every day plus the above and I did it. You can too! Don't get discouraged. If you starve yourself with too few calories, it actually makes it so you don't lose weight either. So take a deep breath, remind yourself that you are worth it, and write everything down. Even if you "way, way blow-it" it will remind you of your choices. Good luck on your journey!
  • ellk2
    ellk2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I also use the African Mango thin supplement, this seems to have worked on my belly weight, but i only seem to work when I was deligent with exercise and proper diet.
  • CatzMe67
    CatzMe67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated when you see your weight go up and down by 3-4 pounds each day, but I try to stay on task and remember my long term goals. Although, I try not to focus on the numbers, it is hard not to since it is the numbers that keep me motivated. Some days my clothes feel loser, while other days they feel tighter. Wish there was some sort of overnight cure, but we all know there isn't, so we must just keep on trekin' and hope for the best outcome when we come to the end of our journey's.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Sometimes I feel weight loss is not meant for me:indifferent:

Me too!
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I hear you guys! I've lost all of 16lbs since July 2011...and it gets discouraging to see all of those stories. I keep having to remind myself it's not going to come off as fast as for other people because I've always done cardio and light weight training (by always, I mean for the past 7 years). The only thing I've added to my workouts is extra cardio time (55-60 minutes instead of the usual 45) so weight loss isn't going to be as fast as I think it should be. On the upside, I am more conscious of what goes into my body and have a much healthier diet than before, with less processed food and a much lower sodium intake. So my victory is that while the loss itself is slow, the health benefits are mine forever! :drinker:
  • roguestates
    Options
    woot,, joining the slow loss club >.<

I've lost about 1kg (2.2 lbs) in the past... 4 months. I did lose almost 25 lbs earlier this year over the period of 6 months, but still, I'm at a snail's pace right now.