Help! Chesty Gals/Runners

Options

Replies

• shortandfaithful
    Options
    the best sports bra ever ever http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/crosssells/intimates/bras/fullfigurebras/underwire/PRD~147215/Champion+Double+Dry+Distance+Sports+Bra++6209.jsp
    and I am a DD. Very much worth the money. Even while in the Army I never had a sports bra as good as these.
    Good luck
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm thinking pics and slow motion video are needed from all the posters. Then we can look into the solution.
  • runbikehike
    runbikehike Posts: 18
    Options
    sadly, i don't have this problem
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i'm a 32DD and i wear cheap sports bras and dont have any problem with them staying in place. i just make sure they are kind of tight at first.
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra(with good support, none of my girlie ones) and a sports bra.
  • amchavarria
    amchavarria Posts: 12
    Options
    i am chesty and a runner and what i have to do is wear a regular bra-usually racer back AND a sports bra. not as uncomfortable as you think and i am fully supported.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD in normal bras, and I bought a Moving Comfort Maya (or Maia? IDK) bra online for less than 40 dollars. It is the best thing since sliced bread. I would wear 2 cheapy bras before I bought it, and my shoulder/back/neck would KILL me if I ran more than two miles. This bra literally changed my life. And although I took a gamble and bought it online, it seems to be pretty true to its size. It is a BIT on the tighter side but extremely comfortable and it literally lifts weight off your shoulders. If you are interested I'd be more than happy to forward you the name of the Amazon seller I used- they had a huge variety of colors and sizes.
  • Chrissy9632
    Chrissy9632 Posts: 24
    Options
    Check out Athleta.com. Their sports bras come in actual bra sizes and are pretty decent at holding the girls down.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have always just bought cheap bras and gone a size or 2 smaller. It has worked out great for me! (38D)
  • rsj206
    rsj206 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Title Nine has a great selection of sports bras sorted by cup size. I'm a 36DD and I use their "last resort" bra when running anything over ten miles. It's kinda like wearing a corset, but it keeps the girls under control.

http://www.titlenine.com/category/title+nine+bras/shop+bras+by+size.do
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wear an underwire bra and a sports bra/sports top with a built-in bra (both are average Everlast). It's not comfortable, but it works. I've never found a sports bra on it's own that has worked, and this is the best solution for me (though I've never put a sports bra on that was priced over $100). I'm a 36-FF.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    There are like five posts a day about this, there should be a group for big boobs.
    Anyway, wear too or buy one that's a size smaller than you'd normally wear.
    If you don't want uni-boob wear a regular bra under the sports bra.
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D and I love the Champion sports bras. They hook in the back so you don't have to do the over the head thing and nothin's movin' when I have one on. I run 4 miles 3 times a week and a long run of 7 - 10 miles on the weekend.
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check out title nine. You can live chat with someone also. Good luck!!
  • jacquagirl
    jacquagirl Posts: 5
    Options
    Struggled with this my whole life, girls! Always wore two sports bras (sometimes still not enough).

This is the answer, hands down: I can wear ONLY THIS:
    http://www.herroom.com/enell-100-sports-bra.shtml
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Im 36 F and I love Freya sports bra's really hold me in, not sure if you can get Freya were you are xx
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Some of the stuff is really expensive :ohwell:. I use the brand Champion. Between their cupped sports bra and compression shirt, the girl aren't going anywhere :laugh:
  • kayakchickc
    kayakchickc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try athleta and title9. They are both catalogs but they seem to rate bras realistically. Good luck.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Did you try on the Moving Comfort "Fiona" It's holds better then their other styles.

I agree with this. I am a 38dd and this one not only holds these babies down but keeps them from looking like a uniboob as well ;)
    LOVE my Moving Comfort bra... I recommend you go to a specialty shop. (We have Fleet Feet where I am and they were great with the whole fitting/trying on process) And the bra was only $45. I was expecting to spend at least $60
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I need some tips on sports bra shopping. After reading yet another thread on the boards, I decided to finally head to D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods and try some stuff on. I was disappointed that the expensive bras didn't seem to hold me in any better than my uni-over-the-head cheap sports bras :(

Am I supposed to try on a cup size smaller? A band size smaller? Everyone raves about these brands, but I didn't feel like they did much for me. I got frustrated with the try on process too since someone decided to secure the backs closed with the security tags (morons). In the end, I left empty handed.

I tried on various styles of Under Armor and Moving Comfort. :( HELP I don't want the girls to be saggy when I'm old lol.

If it helps at all, I normally wear a 34D in regular bra size. Thank you in advance for any help :)<3

I am a 38DD and I have found one that really works for me. It is a CHAMPION. I got mine at a Hanes/Leggs/Bali/Playtex Outlet shop. I LOVE IT!!! They can be a bit pricey but, they have sales all the time and they are WELL worth it!!

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/champion-bras