Cambridge diet

Options
I know people have mixed views on this diet so I'm not looking for people to give me grief about doing this diet, I'm here to see if anyone else is doing it and looking for moral support.

I'm going on holiday to Jamaica in September and currently 224lbs an I want to drop 46lbs before u go and I know this diet can help me get there. I so want to be thinner I wanna to feel confident about wearing a dress and bikini. God to be able to wear shorts!!!!! Wow that will be spectacular!!!

So is anyone else doing it and how are u feeling? I just want support x

Replies

• maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think the question to ask yourself about any diet is "is this a way of eating that I can sustain for the rest of my life?" If the answer is no, then you will just end up gaining all that weight back and probably put some more on besides. From what I just read about the Cambridge diet, it does not sound sustainable long term. If you can stick to it until September, you might lose 46 pounds , but what about when October comes? Will you stay on this diet forever?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Plus you'll most likely end up losing lean muscle if you're not exercising (leaving you looking skinnier but saggier), and you won't be able to exercise on a VLCD like Cambridge.
  • shelley7890
    shelley7890 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i was exercising before I started this diet so I can carry it on. If u just start to diet then u will struggle.
    As for the long term u don't do a diet like this long term u do it till u get off what u want and then u go through the steps to maintain ur weight and it is do able I have a few friends do it and keep it off. Once u have completed the steps u eat healthy.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You need a plan for re-introducing normal foods and avoiding a rebound, do they include that in what they offer ?

A bit of weight training twice a week should help, no need to go flogging yourself with aerobic exercise if the diet gives you a big calorie deficit on its own.
  • shelley7890
    Options
    It's only toning exersice I'll need to do like swimming Pilates yoga fitball that kind of stuff and the plan is already in place to get u eating a full healthy diet after the programme
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    Why not eat healthily and just up your exercise dramatically. But eat enough to fuel your exercises? Surely this would be preferable to a VLCD.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    the lady said "I'm not looking for people to give me grief about doing this diet"

perhaps she doesn't have time or a liking for 1500 calories of exercise or whatever.
  • shelley7890
    Options
    Hahaha I've tried that and I have 4 months till I go on holiday to a beautiful place and all the hols before I have been fat I'm not going to Jamaica fat. I'm going to be slimmer for it. I have lost 2 stone with exersice and healthy eating but it was over 5 months in very busy at work but I still put in time for the gym but it wasn't quick enough.