food buffets

Options
So...yesterday my hubby and I went to this dinner/play thing we had gotten as a gift. The dinner was a buffet. I tried desperately to stick to healthy options (but come on, let's be serious...) and wound up eating much more than I needed to. I didn't even bother trying to enter everything in because I knew I wouldn't be able to find it all and I know I ingested a TON of calories.

Now unfortunately today, we are meeting up with my G-ma and she is taking us to a buffet at her nursing home. Trying not to be rude, how can I stick to my healthy eating and still eat SOMETHING at a buffet?

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas about what they do at buffets?

Replies

• cathiern
    cathiern Posts: 6
    Options
    try to stock up on the fruits and veggies and after go for a lovely hike in the woods! falling of the wagon every now and then is ok, just make sure you get back on again tomorrow! Remember you are in this for the long haul, not the short term. Good luck and enjoy your day
  • debbiernbsn
    Options
    Cathiern gave very good advice. I always head straight to the salad bar. If I still want something, I go for the cooked veggies and chicken or fish.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Buffet's are straight from the :devil: !!! If you do go overboard, throw in some exercise TODAY and work it off!:flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I would have a small portion of the foods I crave, and mostly fill up on veggies. Then I would make sure I got some extra exercise in to even things out. You can eat the food you want, you just have to plan for it.

Speaking of that...I have some extra cardio to do today to make up for the piece of cake I had last night :blushing:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Buffet's are straight from the :devil: !!! If you do go overboard, throw in some exercise TODAY and work it off!:flowerforyou:

I totally agree with Becky! :laugh: Buffets are killers, but, oooooooh, sooooooooo good! I always "get my money's worth" when I go to one! I just can't help myself!:love: It's not like I get that kind of food every day! Sooooo, once in awhile, it's good to splurge! :happy: :laugh:
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    all good advice, just make up for the bad choices. being able to track the food makes it easier to plan for that buffet
    229568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting