Things to stop boredom on evening

Options
does anyone have any set things they do on an evening to ease the boredom?

i rush around all day working fulltime, looking after my son/husband and keeping the house in order and when hubby comes home i settle down for the evening, have a bath watch telly or read a book (Or surf on here of late :)

I am SO bored just doing that, any suggestions what else i could do on an evening as i need to keep busy or i'll start eating.

PS: i do my exercises in my lunch hour or whilst my son is having his tea at 5:50 - 6:30

I do save come calories for my eving snack, but find myself going to bed earlier and earlier to stop me eating.

Any ideas on other things i can do?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Anything that keeps the hands busy. Knitting. Sewing. Write a book (instead of just reading =) Etc. If you want to feel really good, make a bunch of hacky sack balls and send them to a church for a 3rd world country.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Anything that keeps the hands busy. Knitting. Sewing. Write a book (instead of just reading =) Etc. If you want to feel really good, make a bunch of hacky sack balls and send them to a church for a 3rd world country.

^^^This^^^ I learned how to crochet, its fun and keeps my hands busy so I can't munch.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

^^^This^^^ I learned how to crochet, its fun and keeps my hands busy so I can't munch.

Me too!! Because of family obligations, it isnt possible for me to have a traditional job...so I crochet things and sell them on consignment in a local shop. Any time I am sitting still has the possibility of being "work time". I crochet while I watch TV in the evening to prevent me from snacking.