SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! July 12th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
Go see "Food, Inc" - probably the most important movie in the past 5 years. I liked the farmer who said something like, "if these companies treat their animals like objects, how do you think they treat their workers?" It's really more than just a factory farm movie though.

I did about 4.5 hours of exercise yesterday (3 hours yoga, 1.5 light cardio). I'm tired today, so it will just be some more light cardio.

Tonight we are seeing "Public Enemies" and then "Moon" on Tuesday. Sure hope husband is enjoying his birthday week - I don't think I'm going to enjoy either of those movies.

Sleepy Sunday Boogaloo!

Mary

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary - I just found out that movie is playing in Rochester, so I plan to check it out. Hubby is a little resistant to anything that seems 'activist', but I'm hoping he'll come with me.
    V - good job on making it to the gym between the storms. Today looks absolutely gorgeous!
    MM - don't feel guilty about your choices. :flowerforyou:

We went to a goofy festival yesterday in a little town on the Erie Canal - I took a picture of one of the food vendors that had deep fried everything (including twinkies, chocolate chip cookies, pizza, and snickers bars). :sick: Then I did a bunch of weeding. The backs of my legs are sore from bending over! I found out that there's a belly dance class out at the ritzy suburban Y, so I'm going to check it out today. Mary, I'm considering starting to go to classes all over town to keep myself interested - fortunately, it's just one membership fee that I have to pay for all the branches (I think there are 10 or so) in the area. I'd like to try spinning (or Cycle Reebok as they seem to call it at the Y), but I'm a little intimidated.

Shimmy boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

Mary, I want to see "Food, Inc.". . .but I have to prepare myself to go. A friend of mine, who is a serious animal activist said: "bring tissues". I spent my summers on a farm, so I've seen animals be raised well and killed, but the whole factory-slaughterhouse makes me so upset. . .I'm the wimpiest flexitarian ever.

I saw in the preview something that really resonated "what we get in the market isn't a tomato, it's the notion of a tomato". Yikes. . .I miss my garden sometimes. . .

Today, is Bikram later this afternoon. I just spent my morning cleaning my house with my HRM on. So, there's another 250 calories I get to eat today! I've taken to deducting 100 calories an hour from whatever I burn (my BMR calories) so I think I'm being a little more honest with myself. . .all part of my lose the backslide weight plan. That's "backslide". . .not "backside", btw:laugh:

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me! We went to church and I was going to come home and sit on my butt. I can't. I have garage sale stuff staring me in the face. Some people have told us that if they had more time to get stuff together they may donate stuff. So...depending on how this one goes we may have another in September or October. I may have to whether we want to or not. We need money. lol
    DH is going to go out and work on the car again. Alex is hopefully going to take a nap. I am going to try to work on the sale stuff for at least an hour. Then tonight we are going to the local park swimming center with some friends we haven't seen in awhile. It should be fun.
    I'd better get busy. I have no idea what I am doing!
    Confused boogaloo! (That pretty much sums up my existence:laugh: )
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm currently up to my eyeballs in my new favorite boogaloo:

"Don't want to, but will" boogaloo!

So want to be lazy and not go to Bikram (because I "deserve" it because a student canceled on me at the last minute and I was traumatized.) I seriously need to quit it with the rationalizations. . . .

Don't wanna, but will boogaloo! Leaving for Bikram right now.

:tongue: