any other curvy girls out there?!

Options
I have always been pretty curvy... Bigger chest and legs...I have a smaller waist so I'm comfortable with my middle section.
My question is, how can I get my thighs smaller?! I feel like when I work them out, they just get ridiculously muscular and I hate it. Does anyone else have this problem, or can anyone offer excersises I should do?
Thanks in advance :D

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Why are you exercising your thighs to make them smaller? Spot-reducing doesn't work; your body decides on its own where it wants to pull the fat from. What you are doing is strengthening your thigh muscles, which will make your thighs bigger.

Also, how are you exercising them? I've been told to lift lots of weight with fewer reps for big muscles and to lift less weight with more reps for a more toned look.

I'm curvy with a tendency for large muscles, but I love it, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. :)
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this one too; my thighs are gigantic and so uncomfortable.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    Weight loss and exercise cannot change your body type. Just aim for a healthy body and healthy weight.

Your "big" thighs and butt are part of your body type even if you're thin elsewhere. They get muscular because you're working them! There honestly isn't much you can do, so embrace it!

I'm a guy, but let me tell you a couple things:

1. Curvy = hot

2. Also, curvy women look at slim-hipped women and wish they looked like that, but slim-hipped women look at women like you and wish they could look like you!
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If mine are going to be big, which genectically they will be, I would rather them be muscular.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1. Curvy = hot

2. Also, curvy women look at slim-hipped women and wish they looked like that, but slim-hipped women look at women like you and wish they could look like you!

Totally agree...I hate it when a worman says "does my butt look big in these jeans?" or "gah I hate my big butt and thighs"...I love my big butt and hope I don't lose much of it when I lose weight lol, and I hope my butt does look big in my jeans!! haha. I would love to trim down my thighs just slightly, they are to the point where they rub a little too much when I wear shorts, my stomach and face is my main concern, not my big girly curves :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    1. Curvy = hot

Totally agree...I hate it when a worman says "does my butt look big in these jeans?" or "gah I hate my big butt and thighs"...I love my big butt and hope I don't lose much of it when I lose weight lol, and I hope my butt does look big in my jeans!! haha. I would love to trim down my thighs just slightly, they are to the point where they rub a little too much when I wear shorts, my stomach and face is my main concern, not my big girly curves :)

I used to care about my thick thighs, but I rather have thick thighs than skinny chicken legs.. I love being curvy and I love my big butt and big boobs.. I just don't want to be fat or sloppy and my stomach is my main concern as well, oh that and my arms.. I want toned thick legs.. not sloppy fat legs..lol.. Be happy with your curves.. A woman has curves!!
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I should just work on toning, and embrace the curves I have! :)
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband calls me curvy and loves my curves. I haven't fully accepted my curves, but I'm getting there.

I have never been able to spot-reduce and always thought it wasn't possible. My body will gain and lose weight where it pleases - -usually my chest and midsection before anywhere else.

While curves can definitely be sexy, I also don't want to leave out women with other body types. Tall/slender and short/petite can definitely be sexy, too! I just don't have those body types, and the grass always seems greener...
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    As a man I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Rail-thin legs are a turn off for me at least, and while women have been duped into thinking that they should look like sickly runway models and the like, most classic beauties that have been sketched or painted throughout history have been curvy.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce.

like someone else said, as long as they are genetically going to be bigger, you might as well make them stronger.

my thighs are so strong i could crush a man's head between them.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options

my thighs are so strong i could crush a man's head between them.

Um...not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am curvy. I have always been athletic. I have a very small waist and then big hips and butt. I have been doing the Brazil Butt lift for the past 5 weeks. I have lost three pounds and three inches. I may not always like all the workouts but it is working. I am also doing about 200 squats per day. If you like any information or questions about it, I can help you.

Julianne
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Weight loss and exercise cannot change your body type. Just aim for a healthy body and healthy weight.

Your "big" thighs and butt are part of your body type even if you're thin elsewhere. They get muscular because you're working them! There honestly isn't much you can do, so embrace it!

I'm a guy, but let me tell you a couple things:

1. Curvy = hot

^^This^^

Trust me, for someone with no hips-- I'm jealous. I practically cry every time I measure myself and my hip measurement has gone down.
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    As a man I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Rail-thin legs are a turn off for me at least, and while women have been duped into thinking that they should look like sickly runway models and the like, most classic beauties that have been sketched or painted throughout history have been curvy.

Thank you! makes me feel a little better :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I am curvy. I have always been athletic. I have a very small waist and then big hips and butt. I have been doing the Brazil Butt lift for the past 5 weeks. I have lost three pounds and three inches. I may not always like all the workouts but it is working. I am also doing about 200 squats per day. If you like any information or questions about it, I can help you.

Julianne
    What is the Brazil Butt Lift? My Brazilian coworker tells me that Brazilians try to make their butts *bigger*, not smaller.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you are eating in a deficit, then your thighs are not getting muscular, no matter how much you want to believe it. Just because they get stronger, does not mean that they get bigger. The other reason why they look bigger is because of the fat left on them.. lose the fat, and they will look smaller.

Heres my suggestion:
    Eat a moderate calorie deficit
    Do strength training(both upper and lower body_
    Do some cardio
    See results
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am curvy to and i dont like big thighs, butt or hips. I have started doing the 30day shred on sunday and i can feel it working already. I no i will never be stick thin and don't want to be, just want to feel more tonned and fit into my jeans again. My boyfriend loves me the way i am and doesnt want me to lose weight but will stand by me all the way through. He has just asked me not to go to far with it. I find it really difficult even though a couple of years ago i was 11stone and went down to 9stone, i was still curvy and i loved being at 9 stone and curvy. Fingers crossed i will get back there.
  • myahennessy
    myahennessy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to care about my thick thighs, but I rather have thick thighs than skinny chicken legs.. I love being curvy and I love my big butt and big boobs.. I just don't want to be fat or sloppy and my stomach is my main concern as well, oh that and my arms.. I want toned thick legs.. not sloppy fat legs..lol.. Be happy with your curves.. A woman has curves!!
    [/quote]

I couldnt agree more... I love my curves, and want to stay the way I am and be healthy! :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    If you are eating in a deficit, then your thighs are not getting muscular, no matter how much you want to believe it. Just because they get stronger, does not mean that they get bigger. The other reason why they look bigger is because of the fat left on them.. lose the fat, and they will look smaller.

This is bullsh!t. You CAN gain muscle on a deficit. Sure it may be minimal if you're a girl but it is still possible. DEAL.WITH.IT.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Though you can't spot reduce, running seemed to slim my thighs down. I have always had bigger thighs and chest, and though I didn't lose a lot of weight (because I didn't have a lot to lose and only had a "small goal" to begin with), my thighs slimmed down considerably. Running seemed to make my body look more properly proportioned than anything else. (I've always had a skinny neck, arms, calves, and bigger thighs and chest).