Help...Multivitamin making me sick

I need suggestions of something else I can take besides a multivitamin. I can't seem to take them anymore. Even when I take it in the evening, it is making me sick which is weird to me (I have a very weak stomach and get nauseous easily). I used to take them all the time but now I can't. I do take a fiber pill, my BC, and Vit D everyday (along with my anti-depressant at night). Would it be beneficial if I took 2 of my kids gummie vitamins which is what I did when I was pregnant? I can tolerate those. Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    I would think that if you did it while you were pregnant and it was doctor approved, then it would be fine now as well! I used to get sick from mine as well, so I would take it with milk and that helped.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    I can't take a multivitamin without puking.....The Dr's told me it was something in the binding agent they use, and it's actually not that uncommon. They do make adult gummy vitamins.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Never take them on an empty stomach
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    stop taking the vitamin? (is this a trick question?)
    I need suggestions of something else I can take besides a multivitamin. I can't seem to take them anymore. Even when I take it in the evening, it is making me sick which is weird to me (I have a very weak stomach and get nauseous easily). I used to take them all the time but now I can't. I do take a fiber pill, my BC, and Vit D everyday (along with my anti-depressant at night). Would it be beneficial if I took 2 of my kids gummie vitamins which is what I did when I was pregnant? I can tolerate those. Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    I always take them with a meal, never alone or with just milk. I've read the nutrients from the vitamins assimilate into the body better when taken with a full meal as well.
  • They sell adult gummy vitamins, but be careful because they don't have any iron in them. Most women need that additional iron, so if you're taking gummy vitamins, I'd take an iron supplement as well. Regular vitamins have always made me sick, but I can take the gummy vitamins and Slow FE iron with no problems.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    They make me feel sick too. I have to make sure that I take them after I've eaten and with some food. I've also snapped them in half before and taken them at different times as its not so bed that way.

Never found a total cure, but found taking them on an empty stomach is horrible.
  • KettleBellHoe
    KettleBellHoe Posts: 161
    Go with the gummy vitamins or try a natural multivitamin you can be sensitive.
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    I buy the kid gummies! I LOVE THEM!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    They make gummies for adults now too!
  • mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    gummies ftw... that's helped a lot of ppl i know. i take one-a-day women's with energy (has caffeine) and that will make me sick within 5-20 minutes if it's done on an empty stomach.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Take with food, or a protein shake that will similate as if something is in your stomach to help digest it. That is how I have to do it since I used to try taking them on an empty stomach = no no
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Do you take them with food?

I find if I take them with a meal I'm fine (I usually take them half way through) however if I take them on an empty stomach that I get sick.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    I used to get sick ALL the time in the morning & didn't know why until someone said it was when yo utake vitamins. However, I now take Usana which is all out toxin free stuff... and i take them right in the morning on an empty stomach & no longer get a sick stomach,. I guess its the toxins/chemicals in the vitamins that make you sick...

you have to order online & they ship them to you. Besides not being sick, my neighbors on my street SWEAR by them in terms of stopping their allergies... and one neighbor says after taking them consistently, decreased her Rheumatoid arthritis meidcation. I don't have RA but thought i'd pass it along. I noticed that I can't say i necessarily feel 'better' when i take them, but i definitely do not have that unhealthy, tired, fatigued feeling when i was taking them twice a day!
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    I take the one-a-day gummies. I love them. I was having the same problem with the hard pills. They made me sick too, several times was unable to keep them down. :sick: I don't seem to have any trouble with my other supplements...(Calcium with Vit D, Fish Oil)
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    and allegedly most people end up pooping out the gummy vitamins. the usana are USP grade for disintegration, potentcy & weight.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    You *HAVE* to take them with a meal. The only time I ever vomited after taking a vitamin was when I took it on an empty stomach. Plus, the only way a vitamin works is by working with the nutrients in the foods you have in your system. No food, no benefit.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Same thing happens to me with most multi's. I now take a liquid multi vitamin (Buried treasure vm-100) in a shake or juice and it is way easier on my tummy.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    FINISHED_Vitacraves_Gummies.jpg

i take this but the canadian version and its a multivitmin
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Try breaking them in half. Take one half with breakfast and one half with dinner. The food and smaller amount at a time should help.