habits

what habits have you broken since joining mfp? or want to break

Since joining Mfp.. i have broken the habit of going to bed at 1am. I am now going to bed around 10:30pm and 11pm. i am really aiming for 10pm. I find that getting more sleep helps me lose weight.

i also broke the habit of not drinking water. I used to drink water like 2 x a day . Now i drink water all day long. i drink about 4 glasses of water and about 5-8 cups of some kind of herbal tea, green tea and ginger included. I also drink 1 cup of vinegar water and 2 cups of lemon water.

i would like to break into the habit of exercising every day .

Replies

• ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    I've gone from drinking water *maybe* once every other week to only drinking water.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    I went from using sugar in my tea to drinking unsweetened tea. Also gave up my daily chocolate snacks and now I eat more veggies/fruites, than meat.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    I have gone from mindlessly snacking while reading to portioning out my snacks and just generally being more aware of the amount of food consumed.
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    I ALSO HAVE BECOME A MORNING PERSON AND CUT OUT THE LATE NIGHTS UP. THAT WAS THE HARDEST PART, SINCE I'VE BEEN A NIGHT OWL ALL MY LIFE, NOW I TAKE THAT TIME IN THE MORNING THAT I USED TO SLEEP IN, TO GO TO BOOTCAMP, BEST LIFE ALTERING DECISION EVER!!!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    GREAT TOPIC :wink:

:noway: Oh I have broken the Double cheeseburger with a large fries and a milkshake for lunch habit. Now it's usually something to do with Chicken and veggies.

:embarassed: Also broken the habit of going to the gym for 20 minutes to "kinda" break a sweat then going across the street and "rewarding" myself with chili cheese dogs. Now I go at least 1 hour or burn at least 400 calories come home and have a protein shake.

:huh: My cousin and I used to walk to my sisters house a few summers back (2.5 miles) My sister always had chocolate cake and ice cream waiting - I would then wash it down with FULL fat milk. :drinker: Her husband would then pick us up on the way home from work.

:grumble: I used to drink yummy yummy lattes. Now I have a double shot of espresso and get my buzz rush on. :wink:

:angry: I used to get irritated if I couldn't find a parking space close to the entrance of where I was going. The other day my stepdaughter said, "Gosh you parked so far" My response was, "we need the exercise plus I don't want daddy's new truck to get dinged on my watch"

:bigsmile: My favorite broken habit is.....Dropping the "I can't"......"I don't think"......."I'll try"! NOW it's let's see how long it takes me to go faster, lift stronger and last longer.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Finishing all the food on my plate! Even when it's something REALLY yummy, I rarely finish it. I usually only eat half. Even at home, I'll weigh out my portion and rarely end up eating it all.

Except for dessert LOL. When I have a full fat dessert I eat.the.whole.thing. Because it's my occasional treat now instead of my norm.
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    I think that habit of "I can't", "I don't think", "I'll try" is the hardest to break for most people, including myself. I think the hardest habit for me was breaking the dishonesty to myself about the damage I caused to my body. Once I finally owned up that I did this to myself and not getting sick, constantly deploying, or any other excuse I could find, it made it easier to motivate myself to begin the journey to lose the pounds I put on. I put it on me and now I am taking it off me!!
  • martuniia
    martuniia Posts: 3 Member
    Eating after my children!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    . I put it on me and now I am taking it off me!!

I am going to start using this line. Thanks :wink:
  • I am working on breaking my efficient eating habit. I can plow through a plate of food in no time flat, because I have a nasty habit of loading up my fork for the next bite while I am chewing the last bite. Since I usually don't need to rush through meals I am making a conscious effort to chew, enjoy and swallow the bite of food I am eating before slicing, spearing or scooping the next, even if I have to set down my fork between bites.