REWARDS .....what did you do ?

Options
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has rewarded themselves along the way or if your going to give yourself a big reward after you hit your goal ? If so what things have you rewarded yourself with ?

I have been rewarding myself along the way, I really like to buy clothes & shoes (this is new to me as I usually just wore running shoes)

I also reward myself with pedicures, shower gel & body lotion etc. When I get to goal I really want a tattoo to symbolize my journey. I don't have any ideas of what that is going to be or where I am going to put it but am working towards that right now, who knows maybe I won't want it when I get there.

I look forwards to hearing about your rewards !

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    my rewards are similar to yours. i want a massage when i lose a couple more pounds.
    i got new bras.
    jewelry is always a hit with me! :tongue:

new dvd's for exercise, cd's (i guess itunes if you have an ipod--i don't)
    i got a shorter haircut too. i felt more confident that i could pull it off now that my face is less puffy.

you've done great!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with Chocolate on days I can eat some extra calories! Im a chocoaholic though so having chocolate maybe once a week compared to everyday like i was is a lot for me!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Your rewards sounds great! In fact, they gave me a few ideas for myself.:smile:

I like to buy new clothes too because it really feels like I earned it. Also, for the little milestones, I like to get a new nailpolish or earrings. It keeps things fun!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas in my fabulous new bikini! and then I was naughty and didn't work out the past two months and I'm pretty much right back where I started. Apparently you have to keep this up. :bigsmile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    When I lost 50 lbs I had an amazing day at the spa. Hair colour & cut, scalp massage, manicure, pedicure, massage and facial. I felt awesome!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has rewarded themselves along the way or if your going to give yourself a big reward after you hit your goal ? If so what things have you rewarded yourself with ?

I have been rewarding myself along the way, I really like to buy clothes & shoes (this is new to me as I usually just wore running shoes)

I also reward myself with pedicures, shower gel & body lotion etc. When I get to goal I really want a tattoo to symbolize my journey. I don't have any ideas of what that is going to be or where I am going to put it but am working towards that right now, who knows maybe I won't want it when I get there.

I look forwards to hearing about your rewards !
    I treated myself to new books/movies or jewlery as a treat. If I use food, I'll go back to my old habbits. When I get to my halfway goal, I am going on the hunt for some awsome bras! when I get to my goal weight, I am going to get some awsome/sexy new under stuff for my hubby for all his support! :love:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

food scale
    exercise DVDs
    new clothes (size 12, then 10, now 8)
    towels
    haircut

NEVER FOOD !!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I went to get pedicures and manicures because somehow I figured that if my nails looked good people wouldn't notice that I was 130 pounds overweight! (The things we convince ourselves of...)
    Now... I find it a treat to be able to give myself my own pedicure.... I can reach my toes!

I treat myself though.... right now mainly with clothes (because I need them). I treated myself with a new hairstyle because my long hair got in the way when I was walking. I find more than "treating myself" though - I ask for my husband to treat me. Because I'm treating myself better I wasn't afraid to ask for things that I really wanted... a new treadmill, a Polar HRM, GOOD tennis shoes, my engagement ring resized (yay), etc.

My next treat will be a trip to the dermatologist to have skin tags removed... I've had them for a long time and always figured, "bleh...what's the point".... well, the point is that I'll look better without them!!! So... that's my next treat!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to come up with a reward and I like the idea of a new tattoo to mark the journey. I think I will start designing or thinking of a design now. Thanks for the idea.

Memaw
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with my journey with :

New nail polish, new clothes, new shoes, smaller panties and bras, new running shoes, body wraps at the day spa.............

Tanning bed membership

When I get to goal and stay there for at least 3 months, I am going to get a tattoo on my lower back (I have 9 already), buy a brand new ward robe of clothes and take a trip so I can wear a bikini on an island some where........ :bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    im gonna get me a new tattoo when i hit my goal

otherwise clothes, shoes, i cant wait to start treating myself, i am slowly coming along
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    At the beginning I was not rewarding myself. Not sure why but I wasn't. Now I buy clothes and things like that. I am going to get new bras this week because I went from a 40 DD to a 38 C and now I am a 34 B and those 38 Cs are just way to big :laugh:

BUT when I hit my goal and stay there for 3 months I am getting a new center diamond for my wedding ring. I have a half caret now my husband wants to do a 2 caret but I am thinking more like 1-1.5. I LOVE diamonds :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    25 pounds - Heart rate monitor
    50 pounds was a $50 ipod shuffle
    90 pounds will be Bose earbuds (cost in the 90s)

all of my rewards are fitness related - helps keeps me goingin the right direction!
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    I haven't been rewarding myself at all... and after reading everyone else's post I need too!!:tongue: SO, I think I am going to get a tanning membership. They do say being tan, makes you look thinner- Plus it might mask those cute little stretch marks on my tummy from my pregnancy- BONUS!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    At the beginning I was not rewarding myself. Not sure why but I wasn't. Now I buy clothes and things like that. I am going to get new bras this week because I went from a 40 DD to a 38 C and now I am a 34 B and those 38 Cs are just way to big :laugh:

BUT when I hit my goal and stay there for 3 months I am getting a new center diamond for my wedding ring. I have a half caret now my husband wants to do a 2 caret but I am thinking more like 1-1.5. I LOVE diamonds :smile:

i know how you feel! i was a 38DD, and now my bras are too big! :laugh:
    not sure what i'm at now, cuz i'm too broke to go buy new bras. :ohwell:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Leah- I hear ya. The only reason I dont have a new one is because we have been so broke. My husband just started a job, he has been without work since December. I went and tried clothes and bra's on while we were so broke just so I would know where I was at and to keep me motivated!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas in my fabulous new bikini! and then I was naughty and didn't work out the past two months and I'm pretty much right back where I started. Apparently you have to keep this up. :bigsmile:

FUNNY!

:flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I'll be going to learn how to ride a segway on Monday ... that's my 20 lb reward. I've purchased WII Fit, a yoga mat, some yoga pants and tops, hiking shoes and I should be getting my Zumba DVDs today or tomorrow in the mail, these things I just do for myself because I deserve them. I love living healthy and I hope this high never leaves me. When I reach 150 lbs I want to go zip lining. I haven't decided what to do when I reach my goal weight ... probably throw a big party and invite everyone I know and have ever met so I can show off my new self. :laugh: :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options

Honestly ... I love your sense of humour ... you crack me up all the time.:laugh: :tongue: :laugh:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I'm getting a HRM once I lose 2 more lbs. =) By then I think I'll NEED the monitor. I'm going crazy not knowing how many cals I really burn during exercise so that's motivating me right now. I'm also going to reward myself with some kick@$$ jeans for fall. And I need to get a pair tailored in the hip-waist area too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!