Too Much Protien?

Options
Today is a typical day, I had a bagel with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 cup of milk. For lunch I had 1 cupe of roasted turkey and 1 cup of squash/zuchinni. I have WAY exceeded my protien goals. WHAT? I feel like I have been carb loading basically, but have tons of carbs left. What gives?

There is no doubt my body responds better to a lower carb and higher protien diet. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    What is our protein goal?

Mine is 45 grams but I usually ignore that and go to 65 grams. Like you, my body responds better to a low carb, high protein diet. Also remember to eat tons of fruits and veggies :smile:. If you want MORE protein try protein powders in milk (or almond milk) and deli meats.
  • ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What are your current macro nutrient goals?

Don't use what myfitnesspal set for you. Create your own based on your body's response.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    The protein goal I only use as a suggestion, I also respond to a higher protein diet - and need it due to the fact I'm a high-performance athlete. You should be aiming for 0.8g/kg of protein a day, for every pound of lean muscle mass
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt my body responds better to a lower carb and higher protien diet. Any suggestions?
    [/quote]

You already know the answer. If it works for your body to have more protein and less carbs then do it. Unless you have a medical condition going over on protein won't hurt you.