What to eat before a morning workout???

Options
Hello Friends,

In an effort to speed up my weight loss, I have really been watching the calories I have been eating more closely. I cut 300 calories a day (so I am at 1500) from my daily diet and have kept to it the last 2 weeks. I often wake up hungry; which is not a bad thing, however this has made my morning workout a struggle. The weight loss has happened! Which is great for summer around the corner.

I workout early in the morning and often wake up just moments before I begin my workout. It is a short drive to the gym and I often workout at home. I normally do not eat beforehand but now I feel that I need the fuel. I am willing to eat 100 calories or so before a workout to burn 100 or more during the workout and during that day.

Here is my morning routine:
Workout about an hour- (a run, Insanity, weight circuit)
Recovery Shake- Whey Tech Pro 24 with Almond Milk (155 Calories)
Shower and get ready for work
At work I have a bowl of oatmeal made with water, salt and cinnamon (about 115 Calories)

What can I eat before my workout??? I need something light but something that will help me through. I also would like to keep sugar and carbs low to not throw off the rest of my diet.

Any ideas?? What do you all eat??
Any changes you would make to my routine?

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, sausage, and a scoop of whey protein in iced coffee. Give it 10-15 mins to settle, then I'm off. That's enough energy to conquer the world.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym in the morning (which I usually do), I have a couple of Weetabix with skim milk, with a protein based snack when I get home. Low on calories, good for energy.
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes a high protein oatmeal, a serving isn't too heavy to have in your stomach before a workout, but it has enough to sate you during one.