My first NSV to share

pinklily905
pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
And to many...it may seem so small...but....

I finished Week 1- day 1 of the learn to run 1 mile just now!! Only 17 mins total, and scheduled for a total run time of only 1 minute but I did it!! Walk time at 3 mph, and run time set for 5 mph. Not only did I get off my butt and do it...but I added a minute of running on my own at the end!

I, me, yes ME ...did it. I ran!

Replies

• Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Congratulations!!! Keep going and never give up!! That's fabulous!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Thank you! I was feeling so good, so motivated that I opened my 30 day shred DVD and did it!! Hard as heck...but I did it! I am gonna sleep good tonight lol
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Great job! Stick with it and before long you'll be able to run a half marathon! :)
    I am a fairly new runner as well. I started in January and remember being so scared at the prospect of running for 10mins let alone 40mins...so I know the feeling you are having! Hold on to that feeling and you'll go so far!
  • rwong53
    rwong53 Posts: 43 Member
    awesome job! i know how difficult it is to start running. keep it up and you'll be amazed at the progress you can make in a short amount of time. you aare officially a RUNNER!!!!!! :smile:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Yeay! Great attitude!
  • Tators
    Tators Posts: 75
    Feels great doesn't it?! Good for you! You are closer and closer to your goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!