I'm sorry i know theres been a lot of these topics but,

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Why is it right before that TOM i always want to constantly munch and it seems i'm never satisfied no matter what...i've been constantly munching since about 7am...granted its all healthy food and i'm taking my time eating it but its now 1pm if i dont stop until dinner i'm going to be way over lol....does anyone ever feel this way?

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    "10) PMS cravings are related to the boost in metabolism before your period

True. If there is a silver lining to PMS, it’s that our resting metabolic rate may increase during the part of the menstrual cycle known as the luteal phase (the day after ovulation to the first day of your period). The metabolic boost we get from being “hormonal” can equal as much as 300 calories a day, which is why our appetite increases during this phase.

Tip: Keep a journal of what you eat the week before and the weeks after your period. Try to maintain your eating pattern over the course of the month so that you can take advantage of this hormone-driven calorie burn. If you give in to cravings, make sure that you keep portions in check."

excerpted from:

http://getfitwithtina.wordpress.com/2009/06/17/prevention-magazines-metabolism-true-or-false-test/

it's an article from Prevention Magazine, worth a look for the whole thing. . .but that bit about PMS is a gem, I tell you. . .
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    nice ty for the information...i have been munching on good things so i guess thats a plus :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.