Just a question...

Samma004
Samma004 Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, I work really hard all week to stay healthy and watch portions and exercise. The thing is I go home on Saturday and this is my day off from everything. Everytime I say I am going to eat as healthy as possible but allow myself some cheats- afterall I do deserve it. The thing is dinner and the rest of the night I go crazy! I eat and drink absolutely EVERYTHING and I just do not stop. and its all stuff that is TERRIBLE for me. I'm talking thousands of calories from about 5pm to midnight. I do it everytime! So what I am wondering is....how much damage one serious day a week of reckless behavior is!?

Replies

• scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    I know from experience it can do damage. Make up the calories with exercise if you can.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    You're basically negating what you've done the rest of the time. A "cheat" day is not a day where you go hogwild crazy, it's where you allow yourself a small treat - just barely over calories for that day.

If you can't control your portion size and what you eat, then don't have a cheat day. At all. Maybe allow yourself small treats during the week but stay within your calorie limits.

Basically you're bingeing, and you might want to explore what is going on emotionally that is making you binge like that... that part of the problem will need to be addressed.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    I used to do the whole cheat day thing. The problem is, I wouldn't STOP cheating. I would do well, eating 1500-1700 calories per day six days a week (that's with exercise calories). Then on the cheat day, I'd eat 5000 calories. So I had to cut those out completely. It was undermining everything that I was trying to accomplish.

Now, when I cheat, I allow myself a small little treat (Skinny Cow, anyone?) If I've done very well all day or am slightly under my calories. It's usually prepackaged and measured, so there is no way I can consume more than I should.

I'd eliminate all cheat days until you have better control over your eating habits. I was the same way. Now that I'm more in control of my eating and comfortable with correct portion sizes, I'll allow the occasional cheat, but definitely not often (MAYBE once per month) and I don't blow out my calories. It just takes patience, discipline, and really hard work. I sincerely wish you all the best.
This discussion has been closed.