where should I set my weightloss goal?

Options
I'm a 5'7" tall male. Being on the shorter side, I seem to have an aversion to being truly "skinny" since I am not muscular, and my natural build seems to make it VERY difficult for me to build any real muscle definition. Even at 250 lbs my arms, even my upper arms, are skinny but flabby. Ironically, however, I have decent shoulders and relatively muscular legs.

Therefore I have this feeling that if I get "too skinny" I'll look like a little wimp, being short AND thin. Where should I set my weightloss goal?

Right now I have it at 175 - I was that weight when I graduated college. I did have a bit of a belly, a little bit, but didn't "feel" fat at that size and was a 34" waist. However, the "charts" suggest I'd still be ~20 lbs. overweight.

Any ideas?

Replies

• rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    Anyone? Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo?
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    You could always set that as your first goal and see how you like the way you look when you get there. I'm not a big believer in the BMI charts, I think it's more about body fat %. See where you are at when you get down to 175 and decide from there!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No one else except for you actually sees that number, so set it to whatever "number" you want.

Instead of setting a weight goal, try making fitness goals instead. Like walking for xx minutes, squatting xxx lbs, logging food xx days in a row, etc.