Net Calories??

Options
20shan08
20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
Ok, so my daily calorie intake is 1300, I burn 320 a day so my calories are usually around 1300-1350, my net being around 1000... is this ok? Or should my net be higher?

Replies

• htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When you go to the homepage it says "__ calories remaining" under "Your daily summary", you should eat til that is 0. You should be netting the goal amount (although I don't most of the time I admit)
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I dont eat back the calories I burn... But I am full all day! I don't know how I can eat 300 more calories a day...
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's my problem too. Typically I burn around 700-800 calories and get home from the gym around 4-5, so I eat dinner and that's it (besides what I eat before the gym), but I'm still way under. What I've been trying to do is eat more of what I'd typically eat, but I still come up under.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more calorie dense quality foods. Make your diary available. Your NET shouldn't go below your BMR. To get your BMR follow this blog post. It also will show you how to determine TDEE and all that, but the big thing is to get BMR. If you have questions, message me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554
  • mwitherite
    mwitherite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more calorie dense quality foods. Make your diary available. Your NET shouldn't go below your BMR. To get your BMR follow this blog post. It also will show you how to determine TDEE and all that, but the big thing is to get BMR. If you have questions, message me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

Ok so as to what you just said. My BMR is1,444 in turn that means I should always consume that amount of calories before or after working out?
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Ok so as to what you just said. My BMR is1,444 in turn that means I should always consume that amount of calories before or after working out?

You should attempt to consume your TDEE #. My TDEE is like 2650. So everyday I should aim to eat that. Considering my workouts can go beyond what the calculator can put in, my NET(post workout) calories will be below the BMR. This is looked to as "bad" as the NET is the basic daily function of your lean mass. If you don't get your BMR, your body is not being fueled for basic function.

So TDEE should be your goal.
    BMR, the number you shouldn't be below POST workout.