Please Help... calorie intake!

Options
How important is it to eat back all your calories burned?

I joined mfp March 8th, I've lost 29lbs since then. My weight loss journey began off and on last September at 245lb but steady since joining mfp.

I have just recently found out about net calories... I set my daily goal to 1300, I usually TRY to eat over 1300 per day, but I walk 4km or use my elliptical for 20 mins, burning around 250-300 calories. Should I really try harder to make my net 1300? Becasue it's sitting now arouns 1000-1100. I keep myself full all day and I'm finding it hard to eat over 1300 (I just increased it from 1200). I have breakfastin the morning, a snack (usually almonds or a cheese stick), then lunch, two snacks between lunch and dinner, and i try not to eat after dinner.

Please give me some advice... I normally wouldn't worry but the reason I increased my calories a few days ago is because I've been stuck at the same weight for about a week. Up until now, there has been 0.2-1 lb loss every day (probably because I had lots to lose) and I still have around 20 left to go!

Replies

• cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It is important to eat enough. Just be sure to update your settings as you lose your weight, both on here, and on your HRM, so you are getting the correct info for calories needed and for calories burned. Then follow it to a T. It's been working great for you so far. You look awesome!