How much do you eat/burn weekly? Losing weight?

Options
Out of curiosity, would you please post the following? I really am just very curious to see what the MFP community is doing to lose weight. I hear a lot of people struggling to eat as little as 1200 calories and then many don't even eat more when they exercise. I'm wondering how the losses are?

Height: 5'7"
BMR (est.) from MFP: 1513
BMR (est.) from any other source: 1553 (based on measured lean tissue of 120 lbs)

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 2100 cal/day
Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 2200-3500/week

How is your weight loss going?
Mine is going okay. I've been at this since January and have now lost 20 lbs. Only the last 3 weeks with MFP and I needed to switch because I didn't feel I was eating enough on Weight Watchers beforehand. Now I'm eating about 2100 calories/day (just under, about 2093 was my average daily last week) and losing. I lost 1 lb my first week here, 0.8lbs my second week, and 3 lbs my 3rd week and my intake hasn't changed. I set my MFP goal to lose .5 lbs/week so I could eat enough to fuel my sport of choice (running) but I seem to be consistently losing more than that anyway.

Please share your details...

Height:
BMR (est.) from MFP:
BMR (est.) from any other source:

Average daily caloric intake (not NET):
Average calories burned weekly in exercise:

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone willing to share?
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Last year between feb 25th and Dec 6th I lost a little over 200 lbs. (from feb 25 to june 15th i had lost 60 pounds..and the rest was between june 15th and dec 6th) My calories for the most part were 1200. i had 6 weeks where they were 700-800 cal. I started walking in march...slowly then challenged myself to distance and speed. By fall I was walking 13K a day. I swam 2 times a week... and lifted a bit of weights. My walking was extreme but found it therputic and gave me the cardio i needed. after 1 1/2 months starting to walk i went off of blood pressure pills and by mid oct i was totally off insulin.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight:118 pounds
    BMR: 1560
    Burning a week : 2500- 3500 cal

I am 47 days on mfp, lost 6.2 pounds, which I wanted to lose just 4. One time in this period i gained a pound, but now I lost it again. Which averages me for 1 pound a week. Mfp said 1560 cal a day to maintain.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    Male
    Height: 5'6.5"
    Weight: 168 lb
    BMR: 1721 cal / day
    Exercise minutes / week: 500+
    Burning / week: 7900+ cal
    Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 2300-2800 cal/day
    Average NET caloric intake: 1600-1800 cal/day

Maintaining weight, putting on muscle (with that comes more water weight too)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    BMR (est.) from MFP: No clue anymore, manually set my cals
    BMR (est.) from any other source: 1,322

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1,540 non-workout days \ 1,700-1,800 on workout days
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 800-1,000

How is your weight loss going? Lost 24 so far, only have about 10 to lose and starting heavy lifting. This has slowed the lb loss down, but the inches are still moving in the right direction.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 182 with clothes on
    BF%: 16.7
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1768
    BMR (est.) from any other source: nope

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 2300 not counting workout calories which I don't always eat back
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: Whatever I can, usually 2500-3000 depending on how far I run.

My weight loss is going awesome even though I gained half a pound this week. Been here since April of last year. Don't know what the inches lost is. Not too worried about that since I know my stomach isn't compared to a globe anymore, I can see my belt without a mirror, and I don't breath hard standing still. I enjoy running now.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options

Height: 5'6

BMR (est.) from MFP: 1557

BMR (est.) from any other source: 1608

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1400-1600

Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 2500

How is your weight loss going? -5.5lbs ( in 2wks)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Male
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 252 lb
    BMR: 2720
    Exercise minutes / week: Z E R O at the moment
    Burning / week:
    Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1700 cal/day
    Average NET caloric intake: 1700 cal/day

I have lost 45 since the beginning of the year
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Weight: 140lbs
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1354cals
    BMR (est.) from any other source: 1447cals

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1300 - 2000cals
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 800 - 1500cals

Finished, maintenance now.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1811
    BMR (est.) from any other source: haven't really looked it up

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): about 1700-1900
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: lately, none. I'll explain

I've been on MFP since January, for awhile I was able to go to the gym regularly and weigh myself every week, but recently my car broke down and I'm at the mercy of my husband and our transportation process as to what/when I eat/work out. I've been pretty good about my food, I log everything and am usually right around the goal MFP set for me. We're in the process of moving now, so starting next week I'll be home for lunch most days, and I'll be able to go to the gym at our apartment complex. I'm SO HAPPY to be able to get back to a gym and back to my system, which was working well for me.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    bump. interesting stuff here
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Height: 5ft 1.8in
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1,392
    BMR (est.) from any other source: 1,503

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1628
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: It varies. 2225 was a recent figure.

Very well (aside from this week, where I took a weekend to over-indulge and had one day to get back to normal before I got ill...). A slow and steady 0.3lbs per week average, eating back all or most of my exercise calories.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Height: 5'7

BMR (est.) from MFP: 1482

BMR (est.) from any other source: 1417

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): between 1600-2100

Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 2500

How is your weight loss going? Great, I've been losing at about a 6 pound per month pace for over a year. It would have been faster but I had a lot of issues with binge eating throughout, so that slowed down my losses a lot.
    ETA: I've lost 67 pounds doing this, and I definitely wasn't exercising as much in the beginning. The first 20 or so pounds I hardly exercised at all.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Gender Male

Age 48

Height 5'11

BMR 2610

Daily Intake 1500 calories

Burn 3400 calories a week

My starting weight was 340 lbs

My current weight is 262 lbs

Average loss is approx 4 1/2 lbs a week

I weigh in the 1st of every month, the 78 lbs is for four months

GOOD LUCK
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1.355
    BMR (est.) from any other source: 1.505

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 2250-2400
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: about 1500

How is your weight loss going? slow and steady wins the race! I lose about 1-2lbs a month, which I'm totally happy with beacuse I EAAAT! No low calorie eating here.
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Options
    I've been at it since March 2012, and I have lost 36 lbs. I'm 57, started at 352.6 lbs, and am down to 316.4.lbs. I go to gym about 5-6 days a week, for about two hours a day. I have an advantage, because I am disabled, I have the luxury of time a lot of people don't have.I ride the recumbent bicycle for 35 min. to 90 min. I lift weights, I walk (can't walk very good, hence my disability) and my favorite is playing guitar hero for two or three hrs, dancing around and being crazy. It actually burns a lot of calories and it's FUN!! I eat about 1600 cal. a day, and on weekends I go up to 2000. I also eat more of a low carb-no sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes. I do eat plenty of green veggies, salads, black-eyed peas,etc., lots of protein, and fiber. And I drink 12-16 glasses of water a day. There are several vitamins, minerals, amino acids that assist in burning cals. and removing fat. Hope this helps :glasses:
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Options
    Doin' great, brother! Hope I have the sucess you're having!
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6''1/2
    BMR (est.) from MFP: 1477
    BMR (est.) from any other source:

Average daily caloric intake (not NET): 1200-1400
    Average calories burned weekly in exercise: 350-450, 3-5 times per wk, plus 15mins of weight training 3-5/wk

How is your weight loss going? - Excellent! I have lost l lb/wk every wk for 9 wks in a row, and have dropped 2 dress sizes. And it isn't much of a struggle to eat 1200. I have no trouble eating until I'm good & full, completely satisfied. It's all about choosing the right nutritious low-cal foods. I eat 6 times/day. I also drink wine/beer every Friday night (keeps me sane!) and always end up way, way over 2000cal. I compesate by drinking more water for the next 2 days...seems to be working for me.