Too Fast?

Options
I joined this website about a week ago and I have been trying to hit my goals for calories every day and usually I am a tad under maybe by say 40 calories. I have also been working out everyday except once this week. Somehow I dropped 7 lbs already even though my goals were set for 1 1/2 pounds a week! I am eating my exercise calories. Is this too fast?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I joined this website about a week ago and I have been trying to hit my goals for calories every day and usually I am a tad under maybe by say 40 calories. I have also been working out everyday except once this week. Somehow I dropped 7 lbs already even though my goals were set for 1 1/2 pounds a week! I am eating my exercise calories. Is this too fast?

Usually, in the very beginning, we lose the most. It's water weight. You should slow up soon.
    Congrats on the 7 pounds! NICE! :flowerforyou:
  • FiftyFootClown
    FiftyFootClown Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It feels really good!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

weight loss can be fast right at first. doesn't it feel great. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: don't expect that every week. If you are eating healthy and being balanced about exercise then you are on the right track.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    That's what happend to me my first week too. Than it slowed to like a lb a week. :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be to NOT get your hopes up and expect those big numbers every week. I did, and I was sadly disappointed. :smile:

Give it a few more weeks, then you'll know if you need to make adjustments.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!