Pop problem

Shinemaria
Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so I've been on this site for only one week, and i haven't drunk any pop, or actually anything besides water and small amounts of milk, for the entire week. today i picked up a Diet Coke, thinking "oh well this will be fine, it's diet - and i LOVE diet coke!!" (i do! or at least i did...) Less than 5 minutes after starting to drink my delicious can of coke, my stomach started to hurt pretty intensely and i felt like someone had socked me in the gut. :sick: Is this because of the pop??? i'm a college student and drink pop almost every day back at school, and i have never felt like this after drinking. everything i ate today was very normal for me, and i can't think of anything else that could have caused it! i'm sad because i love diet coke, but it's DEFINITELY not worth feeling like that again! How long do you think it takes for your body to become unaccustomed to drinking pop? Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• Actually it only takes a couple days. I used to be addicted to pepsi, after going on water/ milk only I found that when I actually had a pepsi (on my eat whatever I want day) that I didn't like the taste and the carbonation gave me quite the belly ache
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    I can't say I have that problem. I drink nothing but water 6 days a week. On my "bad day" as I call it we go out to eat and I have a diet soda and it's just like I was drinking water. No belly pain or anything.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    It might be the artificial sweetner in the pop (diet coke contains aspartame)................

Maybe try diet coke with splenda or coke zero.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    I had the same problem when I first started. I took that as a sign that my body did not want it and have not picked up a soda since. It was hard and still not worth that pain!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    I don't drink pop anymore as well. If you want to be able to have your diet coke, have a half class instead of a can. Also try crystal light. It is only 5 calories per class and it helps me to get all of my water in for the day!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member

exercise.png

Well, I can honestly admit that I'm one of those people that can't have just one. If I take a sip of soda, I gotta have more. It doesn't give me a belly ache but it DOES make me extremely bloated. I just as soon stay away from them. For me, they're addictive.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    soda is liquid satin :devil: just say no
This discussion has been closed.