To Catch a Lunch Thief

Options

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    One time, one of the managers was b!tching to one of my coworkers (a friend of mine) about someone taking things that were not theirs out of the fridge. While this conversation was going on, the manager pulled my parmesan container out of the fridge and shook about half the container onto her spaghetti.

:indifferent:

I loved that parmesan.
    The ****?! That ****'s 'spensive too. :mad:
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    What about Ghost Pepper LoL . That will teach them :-0
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Prank powder seems like a pretty perfect way to go... no physical harm, it'd be hard to hide a foaming, blue stained mouth so you catch the bum... and humiliation is always theraputic. ;)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Prank powder seems like a pretty perfect way to go... no physical harm, it'd be hard to hide a foaming, blue stained mouth so you catch the bum... and humiliation is always theraputic. ;)

This day and age the one that got humiliated will sue for it, saying they have an eating disorder and social anxiety disorder and they are permanently scarred for life now...

Most of the time its the cleaning crew or other shift workers. Most people dont have the balls to steal it in real time.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bring a catfood sandwich. That's a big fat fawk you.

^^THIS^^
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    One day I got a Snickers ice cream bar with my lunch. I put it in the freezer and decided to be good and not eat all my "bad food" in one day. The next day I was excited to eat all that goodness......went into the freezer.....and it was gone! It was bittersweet. I was glad it went into someone else's stomach! Less I had to burn off. Then I went and ate a healthy snack ;) But boy I wasn't super happy about it. I can't believe someone would eat someone else's food. :/
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    We had someone using one of the girls coffee creamer. We wrote "breast milk" on it. It never happened again!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My mother had that problem once apoun a time (the thief would just take the sandwich) so she made a sandwich out of dogfood! Never lost another one! Couldn't believe my sweet, loves everyone type personality mom would do that, but she did!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    If you are sabotaging your OWN lunch and someone else eats it without your consent or knowledge, you cannot be held responsible.

Nuff said.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you are sabotaging your OWN lunch and someone else eats it without your consent or knowledge, you cannot be held responsible.

Nuff said.

I couldn't agree more.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible time keeping people from using my coffee creamer. I had to stop bringing it into work and had my coffee at home instead. Buying my favorite creamer for my office mates was too expensive. :-/

I'm not aware of any food thieves in my current office. We have one lady who will LOSE IT if someone leaves the tiniest bit of food splatter in the microwave.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible time keeping people from using my coffee creamer. I had to stop bringing it into work and had my coffee at home instead. Buying my favorite creamer for my office mates was too expensive. :-/

I'm not aware of any food thieves in my current office. We have one lady who will LOSE IT if someone leaves the tiniest bit of food splatter in the microwave.

Post a sign that says "Made with breast milk". It won't be going anywhere anytime soon!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    As another posted mentioned, bodily harm (i.e. super hot sauce)is probably not the best way to go. Thankfully, I've never had this problem, but if I did I always envisioned that I would make sandwiches with prank powder in them.
    Something like this:
    Ultimate Unicorn Sprinkles is blue, but tastes like green apple. It's the atom bomb of this set - the "Ultimate": it is super sour, foams up, and stains your victim's mouth blue.

You can get it here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/d799/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611

I like this idea! Lol I work for the USPS and we had problems with people stealing lunches and they actually started making announcements reminding people that it is a federal crime and they would be charged. The problem pretty much stopped after that lol.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    moldy-bag.jpg

Try this. :wink:

I saw this one but couldn't figure out how to post the picture. Love it!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    We suspected the cleaning people of raiding our breakroom. I set up spycams. This is what *I* got: http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg488/enigmati/Thieves/?action=view&current=Thieves.mp4

They got: FIRED.

Omg...I wonder what they are saying.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I feel bad. One time I got a salad from the cafeteria, and when I came back up to my floor's kitchen, I checked the fridge and someone had thrown out the rest of my homemade salad dressing. It looks kind of gross and I keep it in a recycled bottle, so I guess I can understand why someone threw it out... but I was pretty bummed.

Then I saw some other salad dressing in the fridge - I only put like a tablespoon on my salad so that my salad would at least be palateable, and there was plenty of dressing left, and I've never done it since! But I feel bad now. :(

#sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    At my job we have 4 frigs located throughout the firm. My department (8 of us in my department) is real big on birthdays, so when it is someones birthday in the department, we all chip in to get them a cake & a birthday card. Well this one time I put the cake in the frig, still inside the plastic grocery bag with a paper taped to the bag; written on the paper was the department name and date (H&H 07/13). After lunch I went to the frig to get the cake, I took it out the plastic..............someone had helped themselves to slice of cake...........from the middle of the cake!!!!!!!
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    I feel bad. One time I got a salad from the cafeteria, and when I came back up to my floor's kitchen, I checked the fridge and someone had thrown out the rest of my homemade salad dressing. It looks kind of gross and I keep it in a recycled bottle, so I guess I can understand why someone threw it out... but I was pretty bummed.

Then I saw some other salad dressing in the fridge - I only put like a tablespoon on my salad so that my salad would at least be palateable, and there was plenty of dressing left, and I've never done it since! But I feel bad now. :(

#sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

At least you only took a tablespoon & made sure there was plenty left. I have gone to the frig to get my dressing to find the bottle completely empty......its like THANKS, you could of done me a favor & just thrown the bottle away since you took/used all my dressing LOL:tongue:
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Wow, I want one of those! Stop my kids from finishing off all of their yogurt and then going after mine!