Foods I NEVER thought I'd eat . ..

Options
yarmiah
yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
let alone ENJOY!!!

Since starting my healthy journey of losing weight and getting fit, I have been introduced or tried so
many new, healthy foods that I never tried before. I tried them because of the health benefits but
continue to eat(MOST) of them because they taste good!

cottage cheese
yogurt
hummus
quinoa
sushi(i prefer the ones with the protein on top,not wrapped in seeweed)
ahi tuna
beans(white, kidney, black)
almond milk

What about YOU guys?!

Replies

• OliveJuice1984
    Options
    Tufu
    soy substitudes (ie soy sausage)
    veggie burgers (YUM!)
    lima beans

I want to say fruits and veggies too. I ate them before but hardly at all. Now I can't get enough of them. Expecially carrots, asparagus, sweet potatos and pineapples.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Salad. I could never eat raw veggies of any kind before because of the texture. Now I eat salad, and I actually enjoy it! :)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    kohlrabi
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    For me it's greek yogurt and oatmeal. Add in berries or raisins and both are delicious!

But make sure choose healthy sushi options--not all are created equal!! I used to think that sushi was a great, low calorie meal until I read up on the nutrition info.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Liver, oysters, red wine, pork oh and starchy vegetables with plenty of "evil" carbohydrates
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    chia seeds, mushrooms, tofu, quiona, eggplant, flaxseed, tempeh, and pea/hemp protein powder. I always liked fruits and vegetables but now these things are regularly in my fridge/cupboard and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people that avoid these things! :laugh: or have never heard of them. A girl at work asked me what a chickpea was. I told her it's what hummus is made of, then I had to explain what hummus was.
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    Yogurt, salad, coke zero - and that's just after 1 week!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    non fat yogurt
    almond milk
    fruit- especially oranges
    salad
    low fat most things
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    broccoli...now if i haven't had it in a while, i miss it.