Big girls!!

Options
Serious, yet sort of embarassing, question... I work out every day and I work out hard. I can deal with the muscle soreness, but not with the soreness from chafing. Any suggestions on how to lessen this? It's stalling me!

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Is it on your thighs? One of my friends reported excellent results from biker shorts underneath workout clothes.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
  • Jezzabelly
    Jezzabelly Posts: 52
    Options
    Try Degree deodorant it works wonders!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Vaseline.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    try baby powder to keep your skin a little dryer
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Baby powder helps too, I agree with the bike shorts etc....
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Serious, yet sort of embarassing, question... I work out every day and I work out hard. I can deal with the muscle soreness, but not with the soreness from chafing. Any suggestions on how to lessen this? It's stalling me!

UGH!!! That is the worst feeling! I live in GA, so I get so hot and sweaty..I would love to wear shorts/dresses/skirts but rarely do because my thighs will get so red and irritated. :/
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yup, try body glide. It will change your life and allow you to wear skirts during the summer without "chubrub"
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Monistat makes a product called anti chafing gel that works pretty well also. (it's found in the condom/lube area of the store)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Totally this! use it under your breasts too and on your feet when wearing new sandals! Works like a charm :smile:
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i know it sounds weird but i prefer cornstarch over babypowder seems to work better to me .. you can buy the kind for cooking or there is some by johnsons in the babypowder section that has a scent both work good to me.
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I wear leggings or pants and make sure that my thighs dont touch. I agree with the biker shorts either as your bottoms or under your bottoms. Anything that clings to your body and cant move freely is best!
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    "Chubrub!"

That is the greatest word I have heard today :) I personally go the bike shorts route.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex shorts with a 7-9 inch inseam to keep things from rubbing. the longer inseam means they're less likely to ride up as you move.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i know it sounds weird but i prefer cornstarch over babypowder seems to work better to me .. you can buy the kind for cooking or there is some by johnsons in the babypowder section that has a scent both work good to me.
    I tried corn starch, and ended up with underwear full of tiny tamales.
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options

^this...or you could also try corn starch (works as an absorbing agent same as the same as the deodorant); or if the chaffing is really bad (as in severely red, excoriated, or sore), you can obtain a prescription cream from your physician, typically something like Clotrimaderm works really well and clears it up quickly.
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Is it on your thighs? One of my friends reported excellent results from biker shorts underneath workout clothes.

Yes, it's on my thighs!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've used Monistat chafing relief powder-gel and it works amazing and it's pretty cheap too.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sudocrem or any of the thick creams designed to treat sunburn / nappy rash.

Even when I was at my lightest (about 9st) I had inner thighs that came together like a hammer and anvil (and created as much heat, I should think) so I have always used this stuff by the bucketload.

The talcs etc are fine for walking around but if you are working out (esp for 30 mins plus) you need some oil based protection down there
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I tried corn starch, and ended up with underwear full of tiny tamales.

HAHAHAHA omg I laughed so hard!