Women should NOT LIFT HEAVY!

Options

Replies

• mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bump...The topic definately caught my eye LOL. I'm about to start heavy lifting, just ordered NROLFW the other day! I'm excited!
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - I'll report soon!
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    Wow you ladies are doing amazing things! I think if I tried to lift some of the weight described, my knees would pop out onto the ground :frown: :embarassed:
  • fatforthewin
    Options
    5'5", 121-124 lbs (but 128 lbs now because i'm holding water), something like 20% body fat. i don't lift heavy anymore. i hated it but i stuck with it for one full year, convinced that i would grow to appreciate it. nope. while i did firm up and managed to get my bum off the back of my legs, i grew to dread my workouts. for me, there was little benefit to lifting apart from strength, which never improved much and seemed to reach a level of homeostasis which i was content to maintain. the way i saw it, as long as i was strong enough to carry the things i would normally carry in a day (backpacks and small children), i was strong and fit enough. at the time i was lifting i would squat or deadlift 35 lbs, curl 7-10 lbs, press 10 lbs (my press never got stronger no matter what i did). my form was perfect (i have had several pro trainers compliment my form and i worked very hard on it with videos and mirrors. my lack of strength had nothing to do with form). i would do 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps for all, trying to choose a weight which would exhaust me. i also ate extra calories, carbs, and protein during that year. i was trying to put on muscle. by the end of the year, like i said, my body seemed to be "done" and i was content with that.
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting so no stats yet....but I see I need to buy some heavier weights haha
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am hoping I am not hijacking the thread now but I would like to ask the ladies that are lifting heavy what sort of changes you have seen in your body's? I just ordered NROLFW and reading it it really makes sense but I am still a bit afraid that I won't be getting the body that I would like. I am generally more interested in losing inches rather than weight but I am just afraid that I will stay the same size just with muscles rather than fat....Please don't shoot me down if that is totally silly it is just what I am worried about and would like to have a few opinion on it!

Hmmm. Well, you can't mail order the body you WANT....you have what you have. You can just make it the best body you can have.

I have noticed that i'm more defined. And I can do things I could not do before.

My waist measurement has *not* changed. But I can see muscle definition that I couldn't before. I only started lifting heavy in February so it's still new for me.

Oh. My BUM is definitely lifted and booty-licious compared to what it was. My thighs are tight and strong. My belly is also harder...not smaller (I don't think) in inches, but definitely more muscle and less fat.

I started NROL4W in February. My waist was 31 inches. Today my waist is 27 inches. Thats a 4.5 inch loss. I say it has worked for me.

I absolutely love this book!
  • PattyPowerHouse
    PattyPowerHouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New here and the topic got me reading. Was ready to educate someone haha! I am on the 5/3/1 program and deload was last week. Have only 2 weeks before i compete in a fight so I can't start another cycle so instead, yesturday, I decided to do my 1 rep max. Calculated at 205 for a squat and 135 for my bench. I did 2 reps of each!! 205 is 25 pounds more than I weigh!!
  • heretocount
    heretocount Posts: 46
    Options
    Because of my back I can't compress my spine so I stay with the meshines

arm curls both arms 50pounds 50 times rest when needed

arm extensions both arms 70 pounds 50

buterfly pics (I think its what its called 60 pounds 50 times

back buterfly thingy 100 pounds 50 times

inner thighs 90 pounds 200 times

outer thighs 90 pounds 100 times

calfs 150 100 times

front thighs 50 about 100 times

back thighs about 50 100 times (its hard to tell cause the numbers are messhed off)

I do 400 crunches and 100 crunches on an incline

I can't even do one pull up but I can do 100 push ups in sets of 10

if it wern't for my back being messed up I could prob left almost close to 200 pounds, I only know cause the people I have been able to pick up

I'm 5'8 250 pounds
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    in my 2nd week of New rules of lifting..

went up to 85lbs on my deadlift for the first time this morning and i was pretty pleased with that.. and im only 2 weeks in. :)
    lat pull down is 90lbs
    step ups is 50
    lunges 50
    shoulder press 15 lbs dumbbells.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Lost_Mermaid Posts: 136
    Options
    Just started stronglifts 5X5

5 ft 2.75 in

146 lbs (wanting to get down to at least 118)

squat- 60lbs
    deadlift- 80lbs
    bench press- 50lbs
    overhead press- 50lbs
    barbell row- 50lbs

I also do the prone jack knife (2X15) from NROF4W

and I throw pushups, lunges, step-ups, planks, and various other things in there for warm ups and also a kind of circuit training cardio after weight sessions, cause just running gets boring quick ;)
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! I want to know what lifts you do- the sets, the reps, and the WEIGHT.

Squats: 125 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Dead lifts: 135 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Stiff legged dead lifts: 135 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Inclined bench: 65 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Bench: 70 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Shoulder press: 22.5 lbs per arm, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Barbell lunges: 15 lbs per arm, 3 sets, 8 reps
    Wide-grip lat pull down: 80 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps

I am 187 to 190 lbs depending on the day. I'm 5'3 and have been lifting since mid-January. I feel better physically than I have in 10 years.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'll post mine when they are a little more comparable to these other gorgeous ladies stats :blushing:
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Go, you! I just started CLX now that I can work out again (post c-section). I'm not lifting *that* heavy, but I'm making progress. :-)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a good number of injuries so I can't do traditional full body lifts but:
    Here's my Stats:
    5' 11"

40+ push-ups
    30 sit ups plus 4 different types of crunches, 30 reps each
    I'm too lazy to write all my lifts I'll say bench= 3x10 @ 115lbs
    curls 3x10 @ 25lbs
    lat pull-down 3x10 @ around 50/60
    and I can do A, singular pull-up lol
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    158 lb, 5'6.5

Squat: 5x5 - 125 lb
    Bench: 5x5 - 85 lb
    Pendlay Row: 5x5 - 100 lb
    Overhead press: 5x5 - 75 lb
    Dead Lift: 1x5 - 165 lb

Lifting is so addictive!
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    5'1"
    116 lbs

--all for 2 sets of 15 reps
    squat: 99lbs
    deadlift: 99lbs
    bench: 75lbs
    curls (barbell): 45lbs (only 1 set of 2-3 reps)

(maybe more on weight, but I haven't attempted because the weights jump up to 44lbs per side 0_o' w/a 45lb bar as well)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    One day...when I can afford a gym membership...I will let you know!

I would love to get started with lifting heavy.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I decided to work mine out in pounds and post it, i'm sure theres other people like me out there who want to hear what other people just starting off are doing, even if it is dwarfed by everyone else! I have done five workouts of NROL4W, everything that says 15 reps I should be able to take a decent jump in weight on friday when I go down to 12 reps.
    I am 5'2" and 95lb.
    Squats: 2x12 40lb
    Bent over row: 2x12 33lb
    Step up: 2x12 each leg 20lb in each hand
    Deadlift: 2x15 46lb
    Dumbell shoulder press: 2x15 9lb each hand
    Pullover: 2x15 13lb
    Lunge 2x15 13lb each hand
    Swiss ball crunchs:2x8 holding 20lb