thier words.....

Options
mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
So I went to a cookout @ my mom's yesterday and saw a few family members that I haven't seen in quite a few months. It felt SSSSOOOOOO good to be asked, "How much weight have you lost?" That showed me that my progress is evident and isn't unseen! :bigsmile:

This morning I also reached another milestone in my COUCH TO 5K program.....I ran a total of 16 minutes! Scoff if you will at the patheticness of being happy to run for 16 minutes - but it liberated me and is bringing me closer to my goal. The 5K I have purposed myself to run is August 12 so I only have a little bit less than a month to finish my training that I slacked on for the past few weeks. Its cool though - I'm back baby and I'm gonna do it! :smile:

Happy Monday everyone!

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Well done! :drinker: :drinker:

I know i can only manage 20 mins before i want to keel over! :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So I went to a cookout @ my mom's yesterday and saw a few family members that I haven't seen in quite a few months. It felt SSSSOOOOOO good to be asked, "How much weight have you lost?" That showed me that my progress is evident and isn't unseen! :bigsmile:

This morning I also reached another milestone in my COUCH TO 5K program.....I ran a total of 16 minutes! Scoff if you will at the patheticness of being happy to run for 16 minutes - but it liberated me and is bringing me closer to my goal. The 5K I have purposed myself to run is August 12 so I only have a little bit less than a month to finish my training that I slacked on for the past few weeks. Its cool though - I'm back baby and I'm gonna do it! :smile:

Happy Monday everyone!

It feels sooo great when people notice our hard work, doesn't it?!!! :happy:
    Congrats on your running too! Keep up the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou:
  • mn44
    mn44 Posts: 2
    Options

Happy Monday everyone!

Rock and Roll sister!! Keep at it and before you know it, a 5K will be a mere throat clearing for your runs. When I first started running, it was about 20 yards on a good downhill angle out of my driveway (gravity was doing most of the work) before I would quit. Now I run 5 or 6 days per week with at least 5 miles per run and longer (7 to 8 mile runs) on the weekends. Don't think that such a thing is out of the realm of possibility. A short time ago you probably thought that 5K might as well have been 5 Billion K. Now 5K doesn't seem so insurmountable to you. It will be the same way for 4 miles, 5 miles, 7 miles, even a half marathon (13.1 miles) which we are going to do for the first time next April. Great job on your running!! Keep up the great work!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you'll continue to build - I am at about 40 minutes at a time now - I finished Couch to 5k last week.

I know you are so proud of the family comments-so one more time - Way to go!!!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well done that's great! :drinker: << He's drinking unsweetened iced tea btw
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Happy Monday everyone!

Congrats! And just so you know, there is NOTHING pathetic about being happy to run for 16 minutes...think of all the people who can't do that. Be proud of yourself because you certainly deserve it. One note about Couch to 5k, it is highly addictive. I finished the program in May, ran my first 5k in June and am now training for a half-marathon in the fall. :bigsmile:

Good luck!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would LOVE to be able to run for 16 minutes...you're doing wonderful! Own that accomplishment!!
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    It's great when others notice, isn't it! good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!