Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    bump for later x
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    When I went to Six Flags with my sister, cousin, and boyfriend. I couldn't fit on the coasters. When I had to stand to the side after being told I didn't fit was rock bottom for me. I had never felt so embarrassed and low in my entire life.

When I hit my goal, I hope to head back there and enjoy the rides that I used to love so much.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    After having my second baby and even at 6 weeks post partum I still looked like I was 5-6 months pregnant. I was like, hell no, this ain't gonna work! So I ordered the Insanity DVD's and start tracking my calories again. I was determined not to have to buy new clothes before I went back to work from maternity leave. The crazy thing, I actually still do need to buy new clothes... but its because my clothes are TOO BIG! :laugh: That's irony for ya, lol.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    After eating late at night with my friends everynight, fast food, brownies, alcohol, I gained 60 pounds in 2 years....i'm only 5' 2" so thats alot on my frame . my father looked at me and said you have got some chubby....it took those words for me to realize I was heading down the wrong path to a life of unhealthiness..I needed to hear that from someone.... I was not happy, I didnt feel comfortable in my body, I didnt care. I realized I had to change at that moment , and fast!!! .it took me 10 years of ups and downs to get to where I am now, I have lost it all and more, I am less than I was in high school. I do not deprive myself of things I love like chocolate and pizza, however I do watch what I eat and make smart choices. I exercise 5 - 6 times a week, and I am vey happy in my skin again :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Rock bottom- i was hooked on pain pills (percocet, vicodin, etc) and didn't care about what i looked like or felt like (as long as I felt high)...then in rehab i discovered i loved being active, but once i went home i put it off and started putting on the pounds that people tend to put on after they sober up. I gained about 40 pounds. Every day I think about what life was like hooked on those evil little pills and how far I came to get off that terrible habit. But I hated how much weight i gained and one day literally woke up and said "enough is enough..im clean and sober but Im still letting myself go.. lets finish this thing the right way" So i changed my diet, added exercise, got into sports again, etc... my life has never been the same. Its is AWESOME now. I look good and feel great and want to continue living each upcoming day like this.
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    a picture of me in a swim suit with what I thought was a "cover up" and my cottage cheese thighs sticking out! everyone else looked so tan and healthy and I looked like a fat old lady! made up my mind that the next family reunion was going to be much better! so far so good
  • Divaflo1
    Divaflo1 Posts: 15
    Options
    My rock bottom was when I noticed my hands and feet going numb. I thought it was just because of the desk job...you sitting all day. When in fact it was an untreated diabetes and high blood pressure thing! I had the gastric sleeve procedure to help with my health issues since changing eating habits and working out was not enough.

I am happy to say things are looking a lot better! still fighting!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It was right after my sister visited for Halloween 2011. Not sure what flipped the switch but I just literally woke up one day and stepped on the scale and said NO WAY and that was that. I haven't looked back since and actually don't really miss eating "whatever" as much as I thought I would.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I got married in August and went on our honeymoon very blissfully overweight. When I got back and we were looking at our pictures, I was horrified at the fat girl with her paws all over my husband!! I decided that day to make a change.
  • cafeconleche
    Options
    Hi, drebeauty. It was this past Easter, for me. My husband snapped a photo with me and my kids in their outfits and I was HORRIFIED by the way I looked. No matter which angle, it was all unflattering. I couldn't blame my hubby's photo taking skills:) but rather, the way I'd been treating my body. I was disgusted and ashamed! So far, I've lost about 16 lbs, but cannot seem to break the 200 lb mark. Not giving up!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    When I broke the 200 mark, my blood pressure was sky high and I felt run down all the time.

I used to be an athelete and did some modeling and when I saw myself in a picture that was it.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have always been a stress eater. After my mom passed away last July I was overly stressed and depressed that day so I went to McDonalds and order so much food enough to feed a small family went home and ate it all. Then I was having a hard time breathing after I ate it all. I was laying on the bed curled in a ball and realized that my grandma died at 40 from cancer, my mom died at the age of 53 from kidney disease. If I want to live past those ages I better make a change for the better. I was weighing about 160 then I started working out on my own and lost 20 pounds and sadly gained some back. In february I joined MFP and been living a healthier lifestyle ever since.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    When I stood on the scale and realised I was OVER 14stone. :sad:
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    quite alot of this!! and he was right!
    He told me he was disappointed in me...because he felt I wasn't trying hard enough to take care of myself!
    He wanted his "girlfriend" back.....so I decided it was time to give her back to him!
    I have struggled...the weight has gone up & down over the last 3 years............but this time is going to be different! I AM going to succeed!

then started my change of lifestyle, i brought some scales at my first weigh in i realised i was 28lb heavier than HIM:noway:
    ...and nearly the same weight as i was at apx 6 months pregnant.
    29lb down i am now ME again :happy:
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    My rock bottom began when my sister got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid. Awesome! I got to go dress shopping with the other two bridesmaids and they both happened to be size 3. I was trying on 16's. I began trying to lose weight and was having no luck. My youngest (#7) was 2.5 months old, so I figured it was too soon and gave up.

Then came the photos from the wedding in May 10. I was that fat chick standing on stage. The only fat member of the bridal party. I couldn't believe my eyes. That summer, I lost about 18lbs. Then life happened and I had no time to do anything for myself. I ended up putting most of the lost weight back on.

So, in March 11, I did a second go round and managed to lose another 12lbs. I ended up falling off the band wagon and put most of that weight back on.

This year for christmas, my husband bought me pj's that I had wanted and they were too small along with a weight set that I made him return. I was so upset and so offended. So, in february, I got serious and began changing my life. I find I really enjoy hitting the gym. I enjoy making friends here. I enjoy just having time to myself every day. I don't mind not eating as much junk as I use to. I am loving the results I see and intend on staying with it.
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    Hey everybody I'm interested to hear your story about the moment you knew beyond a shadow of doubt that you had to lose weight. For me it was a few month after I had my son. I breastfed him for about 4months so I pretty much ate whatever I wanted because I was burning so many calories. At one point I was the smallest I had been in years but due to a lot of different factors I stopped nursing and at that exact time I was laid off from my job and just began to stress eat and just sit on the couch all day watching TV...my son was only about 5months at the time so I didn't really have to do much moving around. Immediately I started noticing the pounds sneaking back up on me at an accelerated rate and before I knew it I was 8lbs shy of my PREGNANCY WEIGHT and wearing two damn girdles just to fit into my clothes. I was horrified at the way I looked in pics with my baby so I had to lose the weight

Crazy! This sounds almost exactly like my story!!! I had my son in December and was 236. Within 4 weeks was 207, but stopped breastfeeding. About 8 weeks later, noticing I was having to wear my maternity clothes again, and thinking I was probably 210 or so, I stepped on the scale and was 219.8!!! I literally stood there with my jaw dropped. I knew at this rate I'd be over 300 pounds by the end of the year. So I started that day, that morning, that moment! It scared me that I had gained 12 pounds in about 8 weeks and barely noticed.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, mine was more a fling off a cliff, hitting every rock and root on the way down and landing with a massive THUD at the bottom!

I dropped about 20 pounds, the completely wrong way, about 2 years ago hit an emotional tornado that culminated in a separation and pending divorce and packed it all back on.
    I got absolutely furious with myself when, while packing to move out, that I had an ENTIRE wardrobe that I could not fit into.
    Fast forward through the last year, insert lots of soul searching and a few spot lights on some skeletons and here I am.
  • cindylou617
    cindylou617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My rock bottom began when my sister got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid. Awesome! I got to go dress shopping with the other two bridesmaids and they both happened to be size 3. I was trying on 16's. I began trying to lose weight and was having no luck. My youngest (#7) was 2.5 months old, so I figured it was too soon and gave up.

Then came the photos from the wedding in May 10. I was that fat chick standing on stage. The only fat member of the bridal party. I couldn't believe my eyes. That summer, I lost about 18lbs. Then life happened and I had no time to do anything for myself. I ended up putting most of the lost weight back on.

So, in March 11, I did a second go round and managed to lose another 12lbs. I ended up falling off the band wagon and put most of that weight back on.

This year for christmas, my husband bought me pj's that I had wanted and they were too small along with a weight set that I made him return. I was so upset and so offended. So, in february, I got serious and began changing my life. I find I really enjoy hitting the gym. I enjoy making friends here. I enjoy just having time to myself every day. I don't mind not eating as much junk as I use to. I am loving the results I see and intend on staying with it.

Mommy7 actually inspired me to get off the rock bottom! I love her!
    I was getting close to my 'mental threshold' of acceptable weight. I have fibro and PTSD and those things were effecting my weight, pain, life, etc.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My rock bottom was January of last year. I was celebrating my birthday late in Atlantic city. I was the biggest I had ever been and I knew it but i didnt KNOW it.

Before that, my parents were harrassing me about my weight and it made me very defensive and I just kept lying to myself saying that it wasnt that bad. I live in NY and people arent shy here so I would get harrassed in the street as well sometimes when people wanted to be funny. I was also out of a job and trying to figure out what to do. All of that just made me angry and depressed and I kept eating more and more and more and drinking and just not caring. I remember one night in the middle of the night where I binged for hours and cleaned most of the fridge. I ate until I felt sick. And still all of this combined wasn't my rock bottom.

I planned my birthday celebration for january. I was stressing about what I was gonna wear and I wanted everything to be perfect. When we got back I took a look at the pictures my friends posted and i was absolutely ashamed.

janbeforeafter.jpg

The first pic is from my trip to AC the second picture is from a couple months ago.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in Spring of 2011, between selling all my size 4-6 clothes because "there's no way I'll ever fit in them again," realizing I hadn't allowed anyone to take a full-length picture of me since my wedding (2 years before), and being relieved we couldn't go to our friends' destination wedding because it meant I wouldn't have to deal with wearing a swimsuit around fabulous skinny people I hardly knew. That wasn't the final straw though.

The kicker was in June when I had to go to court at the last minute and literally did not have one court-appropriate outfit that fit. My appearance was set for 9:30 and the mall doesn't open until 10. You can't just come late to court, so I had to call the clerk and tell her that I needed to be late BECAUSE I WAS TOO FAT FOR ANY OF MY SUITS AND NEEDED TO GO BUY SOMETHING. So humiliating.