Chicken Salad Sandwich

Options
JenniB619
JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
I just made my chicken salad sandwich for dinner tonight and I must say it is probably one of the best I have ever had. It's pretty healthy for you too, with only about 300 calories per sandwich. I don't measure everything so I'm just going to guestimate on it.. Here it is..

You'll get about 3 sandwhiches.. depending on what kind of bread you use

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2TBSP mayo
2TBSP fat free greek yogurt (I used dannon oikos)
1/8C celery, diced
1/8C red onion, diced
1/8C shredded carrots
1/4tsp curry powder
1/4tsp dried mustard powder
1/8tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
pinch of dried parsley
pinch of dill weed
Kaiser roll

Cook chicken, chop chicken up and mixed everything together! (After the chicken is cooled) - Now, I marinated my chicken in italian dressing with about a teaspoon or so of cayenne pepper for some heat for a little over a day - just so my chicken got some extra flavor. But feel free to marinate it in anything to your liking, or just cook it plain - whatever you like. I also had this with a pita pocket to make it healthier then having it with a kaiser roll (the calories are including the kaiser roll though)

ENJOY!! because I sure did!

Replies

• shortstuff1822000
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm so going to give this a try
  • tlcangel97
    tlcangel97 Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • silverstar33
    Options
    This sound so good! I've been struggling to find recipes and am a bit sick of eating prepackaged frozen diet dinners. I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. That's a nice combination of ingredients (am a big fan of yogurt substitutions myself).
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite restaurants has a salad with curried chicken salad and grapes and i think about it all the time it's so delicious! i hope this will taste similar.
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been craving curry!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    i :heart: :heart: :heart: chicken salad..especially with grapes and apples!! yumm..thanx!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds delish...thanks for sharing.