Looking for like-minded friends

Options
coleen_d_b
coleen_d_b Posts: 22 Member
Hi all,

I joined the YMCA few weeks ago and have been exercising three times a week. A friend of mine pointed me here, and I figured I'd take the next step and start to pay attention to what I'm eating.

I'm 47 and am extremely overweight, and am sick of listening to my IRL friends complaining about how fat they are, when I'd give anything to be their size.

I'm a stay at home mom and have two boys, an 11yo that I'm homeschooling, and a 15yo that wanted to go to high school and loves it. I eat whole foods; nothing low fat makes its way into my house, and very little processed food. I don't criticize others who eat differently, but would have a hard time being friends with someone who poo pooed my choices (I get enough of that from my mom).

So that's pretty much me. Anyone out there?

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    This is a mostly supportive site with people trying to be healthier in multiple different ways. Some have a "hobby house", but many will tell you what worked for them with no expectation that you need to do the same thing.
    The tracking of food and exercise has helped me a great deal, and I find many of the posts here inspirational and others have great ideas (recipes, how to avoid eating what you know you shouldn't, various exercise...)
    Good luck!